Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Is the country ready for the annual 'stand still' ?
  • jordie
    Free Member

Snow is so overated!!

h4muf
    Free Member

If you give people a day off in this country they load up the car and join the traffic jams for whatever hell hole shopping centre they like.
    Snow days people get out and walk, have a sledge and talk to their neighbours. Bring it on.

Nail = Hammer.

labsey
    Free Member

According to the BBC, I’m forecast precisely no snow at all next week.

Hope we get some – I’ll get to work 150 miles away no problem. Want to go sledging with my daughter and have a play in my 4×4.

CountZero

Meteogroup’s forecast for the next week. I put more faith in their forecasts than I ever do in the Met Office.

globalti
    Free Member

Bring it on. I’ve just fitted a set of Avon Ice Touring tyres to Mrs Gti’s Ibiza:

The winter tyres we had on her C1 were just mind-bogglingly good.

m1kea
    Free Member

Sniff did an amusing though actually quite accurate article last month

Should the temps drop sufficiently to freeze the slop then I might consider swapping to the MTB for the cross country commute. No showers and clothes drying facilities at work make getting covered in mud on the way in an impractical option.

Last time I drove in the snow was in the States where we had a 3 hour night time drive in a snow storm. Absolutely no problems driving in a boggo standard hire car. Wider roads and more familiarity with the conditions obviously help the locals.

oldgit
    Free Member

damp and mild here this morning, and the local forecast was snow/rain from midnight.
    Oh well, as you were.

solarpowered
    Free Member

Woooohooo!!! I can’t wait! Woke up early just to see…… None as yet 🙁

oldgit
    Free Member

It’s started to spit. Now I don’t know if I need a waterproof FFS. I’m going to eek out the last few minutes at home before I meet the club at 8.30

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Is the country ready for the annual 'stand still' ?’ is closed to new replies.