Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Is the BFe's bottom bracket too high at 140mm+ ?
  • andeh

I do run my forks pretty hard, to counter too much diving under braking.

hora
    Free Member

Well I saw a lad with a full facer/full on DH bike today in the Peaks. Gnarly stuff. Too gnarl for 120mm 😆

johnhe

I’ve been running 140mm Fox forks on my hardtail for 5 years now and it’s fabulous. It’s so good, I’m intent on having the same travel one any future bikes, which is why I asked the question. Previous to my current HT I had a more xc 100mm HT, and I certainly have no intention of ever owning a bike like that again. The higher front end on the Rocky Ridge just makes it so much more fun.

JonEdwards – what forks are one measurements with? Very useful post, thanks.

nickc

Do you lot not find that loads of travel up front on a hardtail makes the whole thing feel really unbalanced

As andeh suggestes, hard forks are the way forward. In fact mine are pretty much full on compression damping all the time, unless it’s a techy climb, in which case I run them damping free, the only time in fact.

Plus, you know of course what the back end is going to do all the time (sweet chuff all) so you can get your weight back to counter the forks if you need to without upsetting the rear geometry so it’s very predictable.

hora
    Free Member

So tonight I tried a Soul with Thor 140 and a Soul with Rebas..

I preferred the later.

tymbian
    Free Member

I wanted to re-open this as I wanted to know your thouhts on the Geo (bb drop) of the Commencal Ramones CroMo. Ha 66, SA 72, bb -30mm, chainstay 420mm. As far as I can make out measurement are taken with an unsagged fork.

Anyone ridden/ have one? How does it compare to say a Bfe?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Is the BFe's bottom bracket too high at 140mm+ ?’ is closed to new replies.