• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by adyp.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • is the a free online mapping software similar to Memory map?
  • nasher
    Free Member

As title, would like to upload maps and gps routes….

philtricklebank

Try Viewranger. There is a low cost app for most phones that allows you to use OpenStreetMap or OpenCycleMap layers to track rides. Also you can create an account for free on the Viewranger website. From there you can create routes using manual or automatic waypoints, again on OSM layers. You can purchase OS map layers for your account/device, but it is not compulsory, the free service works fine.

philtricklebank

Double post

Scapegoat

mapometer.com

kevj
    Free Member

Where’s the path. Full screen os maps with route builder and downloadable .gpx files.

rusty90
    Free Member

http://www.bikehike.co.uk
    OS mapping, create routes, download and upload gpx files

nasher
    Free Member

i have some french and italian maps that i have scanned, and i want to upload these..calibrate them and then use with gps.

I have installed mapyx.quo but it asks for WGS84 coorinates for upper left and bottom right, typed in what was on the maps and it says out of range!!!

druidh
    Free Member

With permission of the copyright holder?

faz083
    Free Member
    nasher
    Free Member

nasher » i have some french and italian maps that i have scanned,

With permission of the copyright holder?

No! why? its for my own personal use, I am not going to make and sell maps etc…

Basically there are no digital italian maps and the french IGN over the border do not come in digital….hence my post

ianv
    Free Member

Pretty sure you can get digital ign maps.

lucien

Ianv – yes, from memory map

nasher
    Free Member

IGN do make digi maps…but NOT their italian ones that they make around their border….. I have asked them directly..

So i have scanned their paper maps and now need to upload it.. i have tried mappyx but it wont accept the top and bottom corner coordinates!!

simon1975
    adyp
    Free Member

I’ve got the digital IGN French Alps (from Memory Map). I bought them primarily for walking but can a section be downloaded onto a Garmin type device? If yes I might be tempted to buy one!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘is the a free online mapping software similar to Memory map?’ is closed to new replies.