• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is Swinley worth the journey?
  • bradley
    Free Member

Its about an hour from me (Oxford). Anywhere else I should visit instead? Ive been to Chicksands quite a bit so dont wanna go there.

Thanks.

kimbers

Once it dries out and the trails are repaired and reopened yes, it’s much better than chicksands IMHO

luke0912
    Free Member

Its definatly worth an hours drive, but I wouldnt bother yet as alot of the trails are closed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bradley
    Free Member

Oh its closed atm? Makes sense I suppose. I cant even ride motocross either because of crap weather! Is there anywhere else open and within 1.5hrs of Oxford I could visit today?

kimbers

Cwmcarn ?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oh its closed atm?

Most of it, yes. The whole place is a bog. It’s not just a matter of it drying out either, it’s going to need work to get it back to what it was. I live within riding distance of it, and I won’t bother again for at least 3 months.

bradley
    Free Member

Thats 2 hours. Hmmm….

eranu
    Free Member

FOD, Cannock or QECP are all around that journey time.

monkeyboyjc

Swinley is def worth an hours drive, but like others have said wait a month or two until its all open again.
    Theres loads of local bridalway stuff in the cotswolds – but it wont be as much ‘manufactured fun’ as chicksands or swinley but will be just as rewarding, just in a different way.
    TBH there really arnt many trail centres that havent been affected by the high winds and wet weather.

br
    Free Member

Cannock is as quick from Oxford.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is Swinley worth the journey?’ is closed to new replies.