• This topic has 24 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nach.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Is photobucket deceased?
  • Trekster

Can’t get photobucket to load? Just wondering if it’s gone awol ❓

Northwind

Currently broked. But still better than bloody flickr

http://blog.photobucket.com/status/

CountZero

I was using it earlier, it certainly works better than Flickr, but it is still a pain to use, although that might be my old iPad; when I copy the link info, it locks up, I can’t go back to my album, so I have to swipe it off, then re-open the album to get to another photo.
    It’s still better than Flickr, although there are some who manage to get it to work ok.

colournoise

What does everyone think is broken about Flickr?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They removed the link BB button from the app. I just use the web page over the app when I want to link something

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Flickr’s working ok for me, just posted some photo’s on the STW classifieds from it.

(from a laptop though, I don’t do all that app/mobile phone stuff)

Northwind

colournoise – Member

Logging in!

GrahamS

Still just using https://postimage.io/ for posting images here.
    Works fine and no account or login required.

aracer
    Free Member

I switched to imgur – should probably pull anything I want to keep off my account at PB as it’s too overloaded with ads now when it does work.

loddrik
    Free Member

Photobucket working fine for me.

DezB
    Free Member

when I copy the link info, it locks up, I can’t go back to my album, so I have to swipe it off, then re-open the album to get to another photo.

Was recommended a fix by Photobucket for this – dump the iPad app and use the iPhone one on your iPad. Why they can’t just fix the iPad one, I don’t know!

colournoise

Northwind – Member
    colournoise – Member

Logging in!
    Never had an issue with that on any platform I use (Windows/Chrome, Linux/Chrome, Android/Chrome, Flickr Android app).

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Photobucket has ad spammed itself to death

weeksy

glasgowdan – Member

Photobucket has ad spammed itself to death

Massively so… it’s an absolute chore just to get a sodding pic up now.

Phone app still much better for it.

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

imgur is my choice, it’s what all the kids use

mattyfez

Massively so… it’s an absolute chore just to get a sodding pic up now.

The android app still works well for me, but the actual website, is completley unusable.

lowey

Flikr is brilliant for me. Never once had a problem with it. Dead easy to share pics, uploads fine and massive free storage.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I can’t for the life of me work out how to post pics from Flickr on here from my Android, can’t find BB code on either app or mobile site….

nach
    Free Member

Agh, I was hoping it was dead. Trying to look at a bigger version of any image on PB is the worst of any image host.

If you just need to throw an image up for the forum, imgur and puush are both better than PB or Flickr.

imgur’s gone a bit guffy with URL obfuscation and more pestering to sign up, but both allow hotlinking, make it easy enough for someone to view a larger image, and puush is still pleasingly barebones.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Flickr – forced you to have a yahoo email address, “improved” their app to make it hopless
    for use from a mobile/tablet … hence useless @nobeer you cannot get bb code except from full desktop site

Photobucket – mobile app not working properly will only show most recent photos

Tracey

Still up and working for me but its very slow. Is it posible to post a photo on here from Google photos as I cant seem to make it work

Northwind

nach – Member

imgur’s gone a bit guffy with URL obfuscation

Which for me is just basic usability, so it can **** off.

Harry_the_Spider

I thought it was just me and my old lap top. I sacked it off as it was unusable.

user-removed
    Free Member

Still working here… Logged in on my 2010 phone earlier to post a photo on the big, shiny knife thread no problem but now on laptop and yes, overrun with awful adverts.

Anyway.

nach
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

Which for me is just basic usability, so it can **** off.

Yeah, it’s dismaying, probably an indicator of worse to come, and why I pretty much just use puush now.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Is photobucket deceased?’ is closed to new replies.