Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is paypal payment insured ?
  • Carbone
    Free Member

Ok peeps so i’ve found a frame on punkbike that I want for mrs carbone , however its in Surrey and I don’t know the lady, so if I pay via paypal have I got any comeback if it does’nt arrive ? or is there any other way of secure payment as its way too far to travel (westyorks)
    Ps we’re talking £700 quids worth.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

If you pay by Paypal and use the ‘buying goods’ option rather than ‘Gift” you should be covered.

Whatever happens, don’t pay by bank transfer or Paypal Gift!

xiphon
    Free Member

Credit Card + PayPal ‘normal’ payment

Carbone
    Free Member

Cheers , yup read the paypal bit and think I understand it now , the others will incurr fees though ?

xiphon
    Free Member

You’re paying for the protection – so yes, it will incur fees (perhaps ask the other party to go halves on the fees? I have done in the past)

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m not 100% certain but I thought that if you paid through Paypal from a linked bank account rather than a credit card you didn’t pay fees.
    You’d need to check first though as I may be wrong.

cp

I’m not 100% certain but I thought that if you paid through Paypal from a linked bank account rather than a credit card you didn’t pay fees.
    You’d need to check first though as I may be wrong.

That’s only for ‘gift’ or ‘personal’ payments which have no buyer protection.

The ‘buying goods’ options always incur fees.

mudshark
    Free Member

seller pays the fees. IIRC years ago if you had enough balance paypal payments didn’t occur fees which is maybe what notmyrealname is thinking of? Not sure what protection there was back then though.

Carbone
    Free Member

Cheers everyone , problem solved – seller coming up north for a visit so will do a dodgy looking transaction in Tesco carpark somewhere 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is paypal payment insured ?’ is closed to new replies.