Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Is my (t5) bumper buggered?
  • Leku
    Free Member

Just found this;

[/url]
    IMG_1309 by 100%of thetime60%ofthetime, on Flickr[/img]

No note so I’ll have to pay for it to be fixed. So can that be fixed or will it require a new bumper?

neilb67
    Free Member

A few kettles of boiling water poured over it and then try and push it out from behind.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Warm it up with a hair dryer/heat gun and push the dent out from behind.
    It will probably have creases in it but will look better

andyl
    Free Member

It will never be right again as you will always have the white witness marks.

if hot water is not working then try a hairdrier but don’t melt it.

Can you get behind easily enough?

Leku
    Free Member

I can’t get my hand fully behind it but would be able to get something like a broom handle to push it out.

Not too worried about white marks.

sharkattack

I had almost exactly the same thing with my bumper. I removed it and placed a hair dryer on the floor pointing at the inside of the dent. The idea was to soften it up before I had a go at pushing it out. While I was waiting I heard a loud pop and when I went back the dent had popped out. I was stunned to see how close it went back to its correct shape. White marks in the plastic but sorted out with some colour coding at the local body shop.

mattbee

Had similar on my T5. Couple of kettles of boiling water on it, it pushed easily back into place with the help of a screwdriver handle from behind for the first ‘push’. Only a few marks left.

Lummox

Very easy to take the bumper off, our workshops use a hot air gun to remove the discolouring on plastics when they get a bit old. Might work on this one once bumper has been re shaped

wrightyson
    Free Member

Aren’t some people just ****!

hora
    Free Member

No in the slightest. A good indie could easily matt-grey both corners to match.

bigyinn
    Free Member

FIL’s old micra has worse than that.
    Took the bumper off, heated with hairdryer and warmed it up, then popped the dent out and heated it some more, manipulated it a few times then put the hairdryer on cold to help it set.
    Wasnt perfect, but given it had been like that for about a year it was ok.

nasher
    Free Member

Liking the orange colour…… Like everyone else said….. Heat and pop it out.

A heat gun such as paint stripper gun is good for discolured plastics, just make sure you dont melt it

unovolo
    Free Member

Hot air gun to remove the dent/damage then get some “Plasticare” and apply.

The plasticare is a plastic dye/recolouring treattment so should cover up any pale bits.

You can get it on ebay just search Plasticare, normally comes in 2 shades black and grey and is about £10 a bottle.

IHN

Would something like Back to Black, or whatever it’s called, work to get rid of the white marks?

unovolo
    Free Member

Would something like Back to Black, or whatever it’s called, work to get rid of the white marks?

Its just a clear silicon spray, it would give it a shine and deepen the overall colour but not really cover it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Is my (t5) bumper buggered?’ is closed to new replies.