Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Is my High Roller II ok to run tubeless
  • robarnold
    Free Member

Ordered a High Roller II 27.5 x 2.4 EXO from CRC, it came today and doesn’t say tubeless anywhere on it. It’ll be run on the back of a Mavic Crossmax Enduro.

I’ve now looked on nextdaytyres and they do a 2.3 EXO tubeless ready version. CRC didn’t stock this version.

Aside from the difference in volume and the fact that it doesn’t have tubeless ready printed on it is there any difference? Will it still run tubeless or should I return it and order the other from nextdaytyres?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Ran the 2.4, 26 inch version tubeless for last couple years. No issues using stans latex

portydave
    Free Member

That’s what I’ve got on my flows and it’s fine. With maxxis as long as you have the exo casing its fine. The regular ones are a bit fragile.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chris_db
    Free Member

Works fine and pops on my Flows without any issue.

chakaping
    Free Member

They work great on crossmax sx if that helps.

deadkenny
    Free Member

In short, yes. Just use sealant. I’ve run Maxxis Minions, Minion EXO, HR, HR2, and Ardent, all tubeless and none specified as Tubeless Ready. No problems.

It’s well known Maxis tyres of this kind were tubeless ready anyway but just weren’t certified as such so can’t put it in the label. Tubeless Ready just adds to the price really.

robarnold
    Free Member

That’s good enough for me, thanks folks. Always been a Schwalbe man before so wasn’t 100%

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1

That’s what I run on the front. I tried it on the rear but the casing wasn’t up to it, so I now run a LUST tyre out back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is my High Roller II ok to run tubeless’ is closed to new replies.