• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Is my camera borked?
  • flyingmonkeycorps

I’ve got a (very) old Nikon D90 that I haven’t used for ages, as nowadays I’m much more likely to get out my little Lumix mirrorless jobbie. But I’ve a ton of lenses for the Nikon, and it seems daft it sitting around not getting used.

So I shot a few portraits with my 50mm 1.8, using a flash at about f4. Got them back on the computer and there was noticeable back focus – ears and hair were perfectly sharp, eyes (where I’d been focusing) were not.

Did a bit of googling and came up with this (http://www.leongoodman.com/d70focus.html) and had a play – managed to get the centre point bang on. Hurray I thought. But no.

When I try to focus on anything further away, the back focus is back. So to speak. The further away the subject, the worse it seems to be. Interestingly it seems to work fine on live view, but live view on the D90 is pretty crap (and if I can’t use the viewfinder tbh I might as well use the Lumix).

So does anyone have any experience with this? The body is pretty much worthless even if it was working properly, it’s had a fairly hard life so I don’t really want to spend anything on it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Is my camera borked?’ is closed to new replies.