Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is my brand new Sram eagle derrailerur goosed?
  • Locoboy
    Free Member

New out of the box and installed on the bike, there’s a s*it load of play in it at the bolt mount end, also when shifted all the way in it doesn’t line up with the 50T gear, it looks to line up with about no2 gear.
    See this video here for the amount of play I’m talking about.
    YouTube vid

And another video here
    YouTube vid

BoardinBob

You need to adjust the limit screws to get it to line up and that play is normal

Locoboy
    Free Member

With the cable removed from the mech it lines up bang on with the 10T cog where it should (centre to outside as per sram youtube videos)
    Then attach the cable and trigger the shifter up to the 50T cog and it’s a good 2mm off the centre of that big cog (between 1St and 2nd gear)
    In essense there is no need for limit screws on this mech as it doesn’t have the available movement to throw the chain off either end of the cassette.
    The only way to line it up with the big cog is to wind on the cable tenstion at the barrel adjuster but then that screws with the allignment at the 10T cog!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    carlos
    Free Member

Default question is – have you checked or are you sure the Hanger is straight?

blitz

Is your frame direct mount and you’re mounting the mech with the extra link still attached? Just a thought as I did that initially when replacing a mech once and it wouldn’t move all the way across as the extra link made it sit in the wrong position.

Edit, just realised direct mount is shimano not sram.

simondbarnes

In essense there is no need for limit screws on this mech as it doesn’t have the available movement to throw the chain off either end of the cassette.

I suggest that you either read the installation instructions or go and get a bike shop to set it all up for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is my brand new Sram eagle derrailerur goosed?’ is closed to new replies.