Viewing 40 posts - 1,841 through 1,880 (of 2,885 total)
  • Is May about to call an election?
  • igm

Has what?

Run away scared? Or talked to people?

If you’ve seen the wide angle shots of her campaign tour you’ll already know that she has been stage managed to look like she’s meeting people without already doing so.

Running away? Well yes arguably she has, but she has the opportunity to redeem herself a little tonight.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cameron’s no show at the 2015 was electoral genius, Sturgeon made mincemeat of Milliband amd the threat of a Sturgeon / Labour coalition won the Tories seats from the Lib Dems. Rather bizarre Amber Rudd is going. Appalling things these debates pointless. I’m going to be out for a ride 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

You can’t bear to watch Amber doing an even worse job than the Maybot would?

kimbers

You can’t bear to watch Amber doing an even worse job than the Maybot would?

is that possible?

graemecsl
    Free Member

I can’t believe the Torys are chucking this election away in such grand style idiocy, they’ve been completely caned on social media and all they have left is pseudo reality world TV, Amber Rudd has got such a sour demeanour even when trying to be pleasant. I’m off out sailing tonight anyway, but I think this is a mistake, silly woman, how difficult could it be shining amongst those other morons.

DrJ

. Appalling things these debates pointless.

Hahahah

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

Appalling things these debates pointless. I’m going to be out for a ride

That’s not something I ever thought I would hear jambalaya say.

And why are you going out for a ride, shouldn’t you be canvassing leafleting, stuffing envelopes, etc?

Are you that sure of a Tory landslide victory that you don’t feel the need to do any work?

badnewz
    Free Member

Corbyn has won this election.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Been there done that in the last few weeks @ernie. Plus I’ve voted already.

As I have posted before having watched Presidential debates in the late 80’s/early 90’s I can’t bear the format

75-100 seat majority remains my call

greentricky
    Free Member

You’ve halved your prediction?

igm

I think that only knocks 50 seats off his last prediction.

He may welll be right.

dazh

Amber Rudd must be loving this. This is her pitch to take over when the tories commit regicide. I wouldn’t be surprised if Chairman May wasn’t even given the choice to attend and they sent out Rudd instead. I predict she’ll be doing lots of damning with faint praise.

v8ninety

You’ve halved your prediction?

True to form, Jambalaya seems to have issues with the word ‘remains’.

dazh

Jezza knocking it out the park! Takes down the tory-UKIP tag team in one go. Amber Rudd and Paul Nuttall looking like bosom buddies. I’m not sure that’s what the tories are aiming for.

binners

Once you’ve cynically jettisoned what slender threads of morality you possessed, why not just openly court racists?

RustySpanner

Mishal’s losing control here.
    🙂

oldnpastit

I think Amber Rudd is doing quite a good job given the toxic hand she was dealt by her leader.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the point is better than her leader

Why did they let a non leader turn up?

Cannot wait till we hear strong and stable mentioned

dazh

Deputy Theresa: “Judge us on our record”. Everyone laughs. Ouch.

CHB

Noted that Rudd avoided Strong and Stable phrase. She is doing well despite a rubbish hand being dealt. Corbyn is on form and will come out of this really well…who would have guessed!

RustySpanner

Poor form, Mishal bringing up his memory lapse.
    Not her job, that’s for the other candidates.

Edit, again with Farron, asking the Tories questions for them.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Poor at keeping things under control too, just standing by watching them all talk over each other like children.
    Useless

greentricky
    Free Member

Non-partisan audience you say? Its like a pantomime of growning at Amber and applauding Jeremy

outofbreath
    Free Member

Watching it now. Lab and Cons were absolutely mental to do this either with leaders or substitutes. They’ve given air time with a large audience to parties/people that wouldn’t otherwise have it, and those people are making pretty good use of it.

A gift from the Red and Blue parties to their opponents.

I reckon Fallon’s played a blinder so far this election (the two occasions he’s made the news) but he’s trying far too hard tonight IMHO. He’s practically shouting ‘look at me look at me’.

They should turn off the mikes of the ones who aren’t talking.

Junkyard
    Free Member

well she does keep saying stupid things so what do you expect them to do ?

Fallon seems to be just THE EU THE EU

mattyfez

Lab and Cons were absolutely mental to do this either with leaders or substitutes

Whoever wins the election will have brexit to deal with, I imagine all the European PM’s club stance will be a much tougher crowd.

greentricky
    Free Member

They are trolling UKIP so hard right now, poor Paul looks ready to explode

Junkyard
    Free Member

PFt he has had much more pressure than this when he was Phd Student working as a pro footballer …..he will take it all in his stride

Good to see everyone finds them odious

chewkw
    Free Member

Wrong thread … :mrgreen:

dazh

Amber Rudd is actually doing ok. The massive problem for the tories though is that from this point forward everyone’s going to be thinking that the wrong woman is in charge, and that’s going to massively undermine May and her ‘vote for me, and only me’ campaign.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think she had a hard card to play with may not showing and she has done ok but they still just say strong and stable, corbyn is shit it is all about brexit

jonnyboi

May is shaping up to be the biggest casualty of this election. Who’d have thunk it eh?

igm

Best line I’ve seen tonight

“The lady’s not for turning (up)”

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

This website tells you your best bet for tactical voting to avoid a Tory majority:

https://www.tactical2017.com

There again, there could be a ‘turn up’ for the books anyway…

chewkw
    Free Member

I am in Labour stronghold but I have voted for Conservative. 😛

igm

Well done.

Didn’t know there were any labour strongholds in the Home Counties.

chewkw
    Free Member

igm – Member
    Well done.

Didn’t know there were any labour strongholds in the Home Counties.

Oh yes I am in a die hard Labour stronghold with majority 12 to 15 thousand or something like that.

It will be very interesting if this place falls, which I really look forward to because Labour has been here for too long. 😛

kimbers

for chewk

fourbanger
    Free Member

I don’t think Russian shills are allowed to vote chewy 😥

ctk
    Free Member

chewkwI have voted for Conservative.

Mods can Chewkw have a tag line like this? 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1,841 through 1,880 (of 2,885 total)

The topic ‘Is May about to call an election?’ is closed to new replies.