Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 2,885 total)
  • Is May about to call an election?
  • ninfan
    Free Member

I would argue

Oh, well, that settles it then – why bother with experts eh?

Do you think that it’s acceptable for the state to issue medical interventions against the religious wishes of adults?

Capacity is a complex issue that doesn’t really lend itself to blanket comment – that’s why it so often ends up in court

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Capacity is a complex issue that doesn’t really lend itself to blanket comment – that’s why it so often ends up in court

So you’re saying that women don’t have the psychological agency to make a decision in regards to their treatment – but some male religious folk do? 😆

Oh, well, that settles it then – why bother with experts eh?

You mean like the RCOG?

https://www.rcog.org.uk/globalassets/documents/guidelines/abortion-guideline_web_1.pdf

BTW: A clinical trial of forced counselling would never pass the ethics stage.

ninfan
    Free Member

you’re saying that

Am I? Where? Seems you’re trying to extrapolate…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’m assuming that is what you are implying by stating that capacity is a complex issue – which it really isn’t in the case of healthy women.

Not really a complex issue is it

Consent to treatment is the principle that a person must give permission before they receive any type of medical treatment, test or examination. This must be done on the basis of an explanation by a clinician.

It becomes complex with children or those who are so mentally unfit so as to lack that capacity.

ninfan
    Free Member

I’m assuming

Ah, right, shall we put that in the same box as

indirectlys advocating

Whereby you keep having to make up stuff that you wished I had said to base your argument on, because what I actually said left you floundering

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

No Nifan, you’re purposely obfuscating your opinion – just in case someone calls you out on it – a tactic that you have fairly skillfully mastered as a coping mechanism in the Trump thread.

because what I actually said left you floundering

Where? Forced counselling trials can’t be done due to ethics, so only an informed opinion can be made about the results of forcing counselling on people.

And experts? The experts **** agree with me. 😆 Experts are only experts if they back up the opinions of right-thinking Trump supporters/Tories though, aren’t they? 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

purposely obfuscating your opinion

We’re going to need that ducking stool again

zokes
    Free Member

Children, can I just point out that you are two men arguing over a matter that concerns neither of you. Neither of you have had nor will ever go through an abortion. Perhaps leave this to those who might, eh?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I do – I don’t tell women or support the idea that they need counselling. 👿

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI7DOeO_yg[/video]

Round up the dwarfs that will fix it.

What a boot single mothers eh.

ulysse
    Free Member

And today on vox political

In 2002, a secret Liberal Democrat document came to light – produced by the Association of Liberal Democrat Councillors – in which local activists were urged to “be wicked, act shamelessly, stir endlessly” in order to win elections.

Though I’d like to see proof of such a document

badnewz
    Free Member

This thread has gone a bit off piste.

kimbers

Good read on the hypocrisy of the right wing press, re energy price caps
    especially after Fallon was caught out lying through his teeth on R4 this morning

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/apr/23/energy-prices-tory-cap-miliband-freeze

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

This thread has gone a bit off piste.

On STW?

Never!

aracer
    Free Member

There we go then. Though I was wrong about your next president not being the winner of yesterday’s vote – clearly I’d not been keeping up with polling as I’d expected Le Pen to get most votes in that.

chestrockwell

ninfan – Member

possibly explains your own inability to accept other people’s opinions as being just as valid as yours.

Genuine LOL, LOLZ, ROFL, etc. 😆 😆 😆

I don’t know how you have the bare faced cheek. 😆 😆

mattjg
    Free Member

Works for me Tim. 😉

zokes
    Free Member

I like that you gave him a LibDem coloured flag

mattjg
    Free Member

Tim says yellow is the new blue. And red.

igm

Have you seen the vote swap they’ve arranged in York?
    They’re pairing York Central LibDems with York Outer Labour types and agreeing to vote for each other’s parties.
    Tactical voting innovation space or what?
    Perhaps it’s happening all over the country of course and I just hadn’t noticed it.

ratherbeintobago

Perhaps it’s happening all over the country of course and I just hadn’t noticed it.

It’s happened before at a local level, and Vince Cable and Julian Huppert have been on Twitter encouraging Brighton Lib Dems to vote Green, in apparent exchange for a deal made in Richmond Park.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Postal Votes will be issued in two waves around 24 & 31 May 2017

That’s me not voting then, out the country.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My daughter votes Green in Brighton as she thinks they should have an MP at Westminster. She thinks their polcies are a bit nuts

ratherbeintobago

Postal Votes will be issued in two waves around 24 & 31 May 2017

So they’re sending them out in Whit Week? Good work.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I assume people saw the Independent link I posted in the Corbyn thread. Tories are predicted to beat Labour in Wales for the first time in 100 years

richc
    Free Member

Relying on polls rarely ends well.

tjagain

Tories are predicted to win 12 seats in Scotland. somehow I doubt it

miketually
    Free Member

Vote swapping has been a ‘thing’ for a while now. There was a website for the 2015 election: http://voteswap.org

aracer
    Free Member

I’m sure it has – the question is whether it’s likely to become a far more significant thing.

jambalaya
    Free Member

12 seats in Scotland seems a bit unlikely given they have 1 now. They will make big gains to say 6-8 IMO, Labour to be wiped out. This is going to give the Tories plenty of ammunition to bat back Sturgeon, not that the tesukts will make any difference to her single issue rhetoric. Even better results in Wales where Tories will become the largest party.

Labour are going backwards, so far they’ve offered more bank holidays and a dogs breakfast over defence. As/when the Tories turn up the heat on Corbyn it’s going to be carnage.

kimbers

and still May is till too scared to debate corbyn?

aracer
    Free Member

My totally amateur reading of that is that it’s quite an astute policy suggestion – from the POV that it’s likely to win them votes where they need them. It certainly doesn’t seem likely to harm their chances.

outofbreath
    Free Member

My totally amateur reading of that is that it’s quite an astute policy suggestion – from the POV that it’s likely to win them votes where they need them. It certainly doesn’t seem likely to harm their chances.

I reckon so too. Unlikely to cost them votes from people who would have voted for them and quite likely to win a few. Also probably fairly uncontroversial within the party.

Quite imaginative too, I don’t think many people saw it coming.

At very least it gives them something to talk about instead of the myriad of stuff they can’t agree on.

Good idea.

and still May is till too scared to debate corbyn?

Or wise enough not to.

mefty
    Free Member

It certainly doesn’t seem likely to harm their chances.

Nothing will.

slowoldman

Well let’s hope it does happen and it works eh?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Reports that Zac is returning to try and get Richmond back? As a Tory this time.

kimbers

deadlydarcy – Member
    Reports that Zac is returning to try and get Richmond back? As a Tory this time.

hes got no shame has he!

on the plus side brexshit may be motivating the youth vote

Over 100,000 people under 25 have registered to vote since snap election was called

Northwind

tjagain – Member

Tories are predicted to win 12 seats in Scotland. somehow I doubt it

I don’t know what they did to the maths to make that add up, as far as I can tell the swing they’re talking about in numbers, if applied evenly wins them back Roxburgh, which wouldn’t be at all surprising, but no other SNP seats. No idea what these other 10 vulnerable seats are supposed to be, there just aren’t many marginal seats where the Tories are within reasonable reach. Of course the second weakest majority in Scotland is Mundell and I doubt he feels very safe, after that it’s Carmichael, and Labour have got to have a chance in Glasgow East…

The idea that the tories winning a few seats is a crushing blow to the SNP is pretty funny though. “Losers! We won 10% (*) of all the seats and you only won 80%! Bet you feel stupid now, everyone hates you”. Meanwhile in Westminster 50.7% is a triumphant victory. That won’t stop people trying to run with it but it’s going to be pretty embarassing to watch.

(* why not, let’s go nuts)

mefty
    Free Member

He’ll win

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 2,885 total)

The topic ‘Is May about to call an election?’ is closed to new replies.