Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Is jam going out of fashion?
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

Given his participation in a global doughnut conspiracy, it is somewhat ironic that he ended up with a hole in him.

Jamie
    Free Member

That was strawberry jam all over the back seats in the Zapruder film.

Look into, sheeple!

theotherjonv

like the brown shapes you get in advent calendars is chocolate

apart from the racist element, I always thought the brown shapes were faithful depictions of the Three Kings of Leyton Orient (one in a taxi, one in a car, one on a scooter, if I remember the religious text properly)

I do indeed come from a time when there wasn’t food behind each door.

Jamie
    Free Member

Given the surge in demand for food banks, that could be 2017.

Cougar

like the brown shapes you get in advent calendars is chocolate

I got my advent calendar from the Jehova’s Witnesses this year. It was rubbish. Behind every door was two more Jehova’s Witnesses.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve spent so much this Christmas that every time I open a door on my Advent calendar, there’re bailiffs.

DezB
    Free Member

theotherjonv, yesterday.

At least we know what the v stands for now.

arrpee
    Free Member

I **** love the stuff.

So much so, that I really have to limit my access to it. I generally try to keep a reasonably tight rein on my sugar intake and don’t find it too difficult to stay off the cakes, sweets and biscuits. However, sweet preserves are another matter entirely. If they’re in the house at all, I tend to consume them with all the restraint of a Pattaya sex tourist.

A good sharp raspberry is a favourite, especially paired with decent peanut butter on toast. And as for marmalade, Christ, Paddington **** Bear doesn’t love marmalade as much as I do.

Lemon or lime curd too. The latter, spread on a slice of ginger cake is sufficient reason to go on living in any circumstances.

So, the upshot is, I don’t have them in the house, except when I’m granting myself a holiday from abstinence. I’m off for a week and a half at Christmas, during which my house will be a den of sheer jammy debauchery.

funkmasterp

TLDR

Jam on toast makes up about 50% of my diet at the moment, A world without jam is a world I want no part of

Cougar

Lemon or lime curd too. The latter, spread on a slice of ginger cake is sufficient reason to go on living in any circumstances.

I make home-made lemon & lime curd on occasion. It’s balls amazetotes, or something.

darrell
    Free Member

I’ll be having redcurrant jam and homemade lingonberry jam with reindeer steaks on Xmas day

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

And Jam is jam.

My Mum used to make LOTS of jam, & strawberry was her signature one.
    My mate Mark was almost addicted to it. He used to call at mine on his way to work for toast & jam. One morning he was stuffing his face with strawberry jam that my dear Mum had made when another mate called by (not for his breakfast though) & Mark could hardly speak for the amount of jam & toast in his cavernous gob. Steve asked what he was eating & Mark spluttered, ‘Jims Mums jam, (nomnomnomnomnomnom…) & Steve said, ‘but Mark, jams just jam’, & Mark said, ‘I’ts not that simple Steve!’ 😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

Mark spluttered, ‘Jims Mums jam, (nomnomnomnomnomnom…) & Steve said, ‘but Mark, jams just jam’, & Mark said, ‘I’ts not that simple Steve!’

It’s a good job that exchange didn’t happen in jimjam’s house with his mate Jim.

“It’s jimjam’s mum’s jam…. but Jim, jam’s just jam”

SaxonRider

Canadians love the stuff.

boggie62
    Free Member

just spotted in Aldi, think I’m going to have to go back

keir
    Free Member

I often have a hot cross bun with jam wrapped in clingfilm in my back jersey pocket for long* rides. Jet fuel.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

“It’s jimjam’s mum’s jam…. but Jim, jam’s just jam”

New tongue twister!

himupstairs

Jam is ace.
    Jammy pieces are ace.
    What’s not ace, are the dafty roasters that use jam jars as cutesy hipster drinking vessels.

Get in the sea.

Cougar

Could be worse.

Pint of shepherd’s pie, sir?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I’d posit jam is only for posh people

We grew up on jam sandwiches for school lunch (and in porridge and rice pud) because of seemingly endless strikes, and I never heard words like ‘posit’.

Just sayin’…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I had strawberry jam on hot buttered toast this morning, it was lovely. In a few weeks time I’ll have a free container for nuts and bolts.

Jam’s a winner.

Don’t think I fit anyone’s definition of posh.

slowoldman

Also, if you see mould on it, bin it

Give over, scrape it off and carry on. I’m not dead – yet.

stumpy01

I love jam.

Marmalade can bugger off though.

FB-ATB

What’s not ace, are the dafty roasters that use jam jars as cutesy hipster drinking vessels.

That’s the problem, it’s causing a shortage of jars to put the jam in.

gauss1777
    Free Member

A world without jam is a world I want no part of

+1 to that
    Different breads call for different jams or marmalade imho. I finished off the last of this years elderberry jam yesterday and I’m still mourning!

myti
    Free Member

I have jam most days for breakfast. Bovril on toast for main and jam on toast for pudding.

honeybadgerx

Carluke has always had (and still has) a Jam factory

Just noticed this from the first page, I’ve been driving through it a fair amount of late, will keep my eye out for the factory shop…

Jamie
    Free Member

We grew up on jam sandwiches for school lunch (and in porridge and rice pud) because of seemingly endless strikes, and I never heard words like ‘posit’.

Exactly. You grew up on it. But now 60 years later, jam is only for posh people and hipsters.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Jam butty still great energy food for me with malt loaf and Kendal mint cake

senorj

Where I come from “jameater” is an insult passed between the residents of two small neighbouring towns. My mother was a jam eater, oh the shame.
    Raspberry for the win .:-)

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Is jam going out of fashion?’ is closed to new replies.