Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • is it wrong
  • pjt201
    Free Member

to be thinking about buying a brompton? i think one would be really useful and i haven’t got any room for anymore proper bikes…

geetee1972
    Free Member

In so many ways…

jobless
    Free Member

It’s a bit wrong. But it is one of the best bikes I have bought for so many reasons. None of them being the ride quality, handling, brakes or aethetics. But it is a lot of fun.

Go and buy one, you won’t regret it.

Get the 2speed one it is all you’ll need.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I like mine. 2-speed, with flat bars. It packs tiny, carries easily, folds/unfolds effortlessly and trundles along at a decent clip. It’s no fun as a bike but as a way of using a bike in a big city with good train and bus links it’s excellent.

🙂

pjt201
    Free Member

yeah, 2 speed flat bar was what i was thinking. definitely more as a tool to get from a to b than a bike to go out specifically on a ride on too.

sofatester
    Free Member

Wrong, get out.

thomthumb
    Free Member

bit like sniffing your sister knickers; wrong but you still kinda like it!

MrAgreeable

You’ll be able to enter the Brompton World Championships!

http://www.brompton.co.uk/bwc/

jobless
    Free Member

Mind you I think it is wrong that I am contemplating doing a club Time Trial on mine.

Get the schwalbe marathon tyres too and change the saddle.
    You will like the bell. It amuses me every day.

Get the clear lacquer Ti frame too.

sofatester
    Free Member

If you beat anyone, i mean anyone(even the 20st guy on a £5000 Carbon TT bike), please let us know jobless!

pjt201
    Free Member

Mr Agreeable – Member

You’ll be able to enter the Brompton World Championships!

http://www.brompton.co.uk/bwc/

there i was thinking this is a bike race i could do well in, right up until i noticed roberto heras came second last year…

miketually
    Free Member

Depending upon whether you really need to fold it tiny and quick, you can get a Dahon folder a lot cheaper.

Stoner
    Free Member

I hardly use mine anymore (cine getting one knicke din London) but I wouldnt be without one.

Its a great back-up for if my “London” rat-bike (stored at the station) is borked, or if I need to go to a different city and get to a client Ill take my brompton with me.

Great bikes but I recommend the 2spd for simplicity and weight and maybe a post converter to take a railed saddle if you do a few miles.

pjt201
    Free Member

think i might be sold on this… will check out dahon though. Just realised I probably could beat Heras, might have to play him at his own game though. Anyone know where i can get some epo?

jobless
    Free Member

My mate got through 2 dahons in 2 years. Don’t bother. Cheaper for a reason.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about a brompton for a while & it would make a lot of sense for me.

I’m still hoping the bike to work scheme to appear at work, then it’s game on. I know exactly what I want and it’s got to be the Raw Lacquer finish.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘is it wrong’ is closed to new replies.