Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is it wrong to be tempted …
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

by a forecast of sunny weather, and play hooky from work to go biking on dry trails (ignoring the fact that I’m meant to be a responsible professional). My only excuse is that I have a new local area to explore, and the trails would be dry and perfect, which is a bit of a rarity in north Wales.

Anyone else going to give in to the temptation of Indian summer weather?

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Sounds like you need to get your priorities right my friend.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Of course you should bunk off to ride perfect trails in perfect conditions.
    I “test rode” a new SC Butcher our shop acquired today, just couldn’t help hittin the trail, even though I should have been in the shop.
    Gotta be done. 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tazzymtb

bikes first, work second.

I’d go for it! as a professional business type, I do so many extra hours it’s mental, having a few back to get a great ride in is well worth it as the memory of it will see you through the bleaker bits of work when deadlines are looming and you can’t go out to play.

bighendo
    Free Member

yeah FTW, go ride
    you aren`t the first
    you wont be the last
    enjoy it, while you can! 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Walk into work, smack your boss in the mouth, and tell them that you’re going out riding.

You enjoying it up there then Sue? Told you it would be good, din’t I? Better than Shrewsbury and Cardiff or whatever your alternatives were. 😉

Sue_W
    Free Member

Tazzy – that just about sums it up. I’ve lost count of the number of extra hours I’ve banked and never reclaimed due to constant deadlines. But I’ve resolved to be less of a workaholic and make more time to enjoy myself (I just need to get over the feeling of guilt!)

elfin – yup it’s pretty cool. Went for a road ride today – round the great orme (stunning scenery), climbed to road to the top with a fab descent (apart from a muppet in a car slowing me down on the switchbacks), and the up the Conwy valley. It’s just been so good that’s it’s tempting me to head off mtbing on Conwy mtn tomorrow!

Kevevs
    Free Member

Work is work. Riding bikes is ace and not work. You are asking the wrong people!

Chasing and passing cars down the other side of the Orme is a laugh 🙂

Weather is supposed to be good for next 5 days or so. I roadbiked on fri and up the mountains yesterday. Nearly got blown off Y Garn! Make the most of it. Plenty of time to work when it’s shitty.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Go for it! Just don’t have any big crashes cus it might be hard to expain!!

oldgit
    Free Member

You’re not bunking off or taking extra holiday, you’re doing the marking 😉

Zedsdead
    Free Member

About 10 years ago we had a very wet winter. (nothing new there) I woke up one morning, opened the curtains to glorious sunshine on a May morning. The view is of the hills and in a split second I decided that it looked too good to miss and I hadn’t had a sunny days riding in months.

I called work, used a dodgy voice to give an impression of a sore throat. “No problem, hope you feel better soon, see you tomorrow”.

I went up and down the hills – it was great!

Turned up at work the next day and lots of people asking if I’m feeling better etc. They looked at me funny too because I had caught the sun and had a good bit of colour about me…..

I felt very guilty.

But it was worth it. lol

crazy-legs

Years ago a friend pulled a sickie off work to guide a bunch of us round Dartmoor. We stopped for lunch in a lovely little wooded area with a burbling stream and as we were sat there his work phone rang. So he put on a bit of a “sore throat” type voice and answered, we all stayed quiet. Unfortunately for him, his boss could obviously hear the birdsong and the waterfalls in the background cos he suddenly said “oh, the noise – yes, I’m errr…in the bathroom, the tap is running”

😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is it wrong to be tempted …’ is closed to new replies.