• This topic has 16 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is it wrong to be pleased… what goes around comes around…
  • rickmeister

Like many on here I had a challenging manager who eventually weedled his way into a senior post and then manipulated and exploited a lot of his colleagues for his own gain…. classics were

Carpark conversations with individuals where the closing statement was “this chat didn’t happen, right ?”
    Making individuals his entire focus until they cracked with the intention of making them resign.
    Piling on the pressure until three individuals were on anti-depressants for a year then left.
    Shagging his way through the office and accounts team, destroying his own marriage and that of others
    Receiving feedback from clients that were too afraid to be in a bus driven by him
    Being identified on a clients public blog as too agressive, judgemental and innefective as a facilitator
    Delivering pre redundancy chats, sweaty, in a rush and dressed in lycra after a lunchtime bike ride
    After a quiet chat, asking people to leave the company and not make a fuss… (constructive dismissal)
    Disclosing a detail of a chat in a bar to bosses, so that his colleague received a written warning
    After being thrown out by his ex wife and a work colleague taking him in, abusing their flat
    Manipulating colleagues and playing one person off against another for personal gain
    Being high maintainence enough to regularly get the admin and support girls in tears
    Enjoying being the “fixer” and general school bully and sorter of perceived problem people
    Being named as teh reason freelance staff refused to work with the business

I have to admit, I have history with this individual and yes, possibly an axe to grind but a more thoroughly unpleasant person I have yet to meet. So it is with a wry smile I understand, he is on his way.

He made being a complete cock an art form, how he managed to be so generally crap for so long I will never know.

Well, he used to work for an award winning training company in the Lakes but I hope oblivion awaits.

scaredypants

I understand, he is on his way.

you mean he’s being sacked, or just moving on to a new job ?

This just reads as “**** leaves job” to me

Squidlord
    Free Member

Of course it’s not wrong to be pleased. Privately. Another thing to talk about it publicly. I’d “anonymise” this post more while you still have time to edit.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

My experience is that people like this just move on and do the same thing elsewhere.

They always have a plausible explanation as to why the situation they were in/created before wasn’t their fault.

sandwicheater

Well, at least they cycle.

How does one abuse a flat out of interest? Call it names? I’d play play it songs on my guitar slightly out of key, classic flat abuse right there.

And no OP, it’s not wrong to feel pleased.

crankboy
    Free Member

He will end up as a senior executive in a succession of local governments on an eye watering amount of money .

DezB
    Free Member

So it is with a wry smile I understand, he is on his way.

Here? He’s joining STW? Sounds like a laugh.

cookeaa

This:

My experience is that people like this just move on and do the same thing elsewhere.

and this:

He will end up as a senior executive in a succession of local governments on an eye watering amount of money .

Unfortunately match my experiences, Cock bags often seem to get promoted upwards/sideways out of trouble, eventually onto bigger and better things, happens in both the public and private sector…

Glad He’s out of your hair OP, but he’ll be troubling someone else soon enough…

martinhutch

This particular type of arsehole will just go and bullshit his way into a similar role, probably for more money. If he’s as self-important and borderline sociopathic as you describe, it will be like water off a duck’s back.

failedengineer

2 encounters with c**ts like that years ago probably ruined my ‘career’. My partner’s had a similar thing recently, too. I just couldn’t keep my mouth shut and told them what I thought of them. I still regret not hitting them at the time. So, yes it is definitely OK to feel pleased, nay, elated!

wilko1999
    Free Member

Like when they vote off the idiots on a reality TV program – makes for far less interesting viewing after – you’ll miss him really! 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Eh? I’ve been sacked ?

Eh??

How do you know ??

😆

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

He sounds swoonsome, like Jack Donaghy. (Swoon)

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

My ex gf started a new job and met someone similar and ran off with them . They got an apartment , his wife thought they were just having time apart , so i told her . Great thing facebook for wrecking people’s lives . He’s now separated can’t see his kids and paying lots of child support . My ex didn’t know he was still seeing his wife so they split up after a short time to . Yeah I love a bit of karma .

IHN

He sounds like a complete tophat, but this:

Shagging his way through the office and accounts team, destroying his own marriage and that of others

It was his (presumably willing, otherwise it’s a whole different kettle of worms) co-participants that destroyed their marriages, not him.

binners

Delivering pre redundancy chats, sweaty, in a rush and dressed in lycra after a lunchtime bike ride

Bloody roadies eh?

Solo
    Free Member

What you talkin abaart? I’ve never worked in that industry!

Is it he who must not be named?

Is, it….. Lance?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is it wrong to be pleased… what goes around comes around…’ is closed to new replies.