Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Is it wrong not to enjoy singletrack?
  • chunky_pott
    Free Member

I fully appreciate its because I'm crap at riding it but as a mountain biker should I love singletrack? I seem to find it a bit tedious sometimes and prefer wider(probably easier), more open trails. Anyone else feel the same or am i alone on this one?

Mackem

Burn the heretic, burn him!

I like singletrack. If you dont, fine really, each to their own.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Weirdo. 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Did you have a disturbed childhood? 😯

Maybe you just have to let yourself get a bit more confident on it, so you're not worrying about what's coming up and the fact that you might not be able to go around it.

Drac

Each to their own.

FREAK!

TheSwede
    Free Member

Fireroad uk is the magazine for you sir.

jam-bo

Sound like you need a road bike…

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I agree with OP. (Ducks for cover)

But…I've decided to find out what all this fuss about riding on artificial trails through artificial forests is all about. So I've got myself a nice steel hardtail, and will spend the winter hammering round Llandegla, Marin, Penmachno, Gisburn, Grizedale, Whinlatter et al. I'll probably go mad around New Year and get wild cravings for some nice Lakeland/Dales or even Todmorden riding. But it will be fun finding out.

EDIT _ It MIGHT be fun finding out.

Kramer
    Free Member

I prefer rocky peaks bridlepaths with multiple line choices to singletrack.

scaredypants

are you a lazy git like me? – I don't much enjoy "level" singletrack because it's most fun when you're going fast & I don't always feel like making the effort

(shit, that's probably a bigger crime, isn't it ?)

bassspine
    Free Member

ride what you like. it's all cycling

I may disagree with you[1], but I'll fight to the death to defend your right to have an opinion of your own

[1]I like singletrack[2]
    [2]but then I love being up on the moors with a big horizon all round too

nostoc
    Free Member

I sympathise. Sometimes I appreciate the meditative aspect of cycling – physical effort without having to keep ones brain in gear constantly to avoid physical injury. Is that what you mean?

lyons
    Free Member

mmmmmmmm – singletrack… cant be beaten.

racefaceec90

i know what you mean chunky_pott.i hate having to ride ruts,that were made by 4×4's/trailbikes.constantly smacking your pedals on the sides.(am not the greatest off road technician).

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It's all good. Except descending forest roads.

I do like wide/fast/techy bits but also twisty bits which are rare on b-ways. Exmoor had some ace singletrack on the open hills – [err footpaths]. Much of trail centre riding is relatively wide but I thinks the major exception is Penmachno which is why it feels so natural. It's even getting a bit overgrown!

4×4 ruts are just terrible once they get deep.

allthepies
    Free Member

move up North then.

😉

PePPeR

I think I can get where you're coming from, I'm not the best bike handler in the world either yesterday we had a great ride through the French countryside ending up having a picnic at a lake with the kids, the French country lanes are great, you can ride for miles without hitting a main road and most of them are just farm access type roads, unmettaled but good for riding along with the kids. I enjoyed that one ride far better than anything else I've done recently!

Big-Dave
    Free Member

If you're on a bike and enjoying yourself then its all good in my opinion.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Is it wrong not to enjoy singletrack?’ is closed to new replies.