Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is it worth sorting dings on van before selling?
  • dogbone

https://imgur.com/tb0XPsj

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Looking at selling our T5.1. It picked up a dent in the Lake District last summer (just next to drivers door) and has a ding on the rear door (less worried about). Is it worth sorting these out before selling?

I’ve had a quote for the dent by the drivers door of £300, which seems reasonable.

One owner from new (me), 2012. 87k. Full service history. 140 Kombi. Not an ex-AA van…

CheesybeanZ

On a 10 year old van I wouldn’t start having panels painted, one of the chips away/ dents away guys could improve / remove those .

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Depends what response you get to this advert 😁

Yak

Barely a ding on the first pic and I can only see a sticker on the 2nd pic.
    I wouldn’t worry about it or at best get mobile paintless dent remover to do it for a lot less than £300.

dogbone

Stealth ad? How very dare you…

Top one is by the drivers door and rather visible.

Dentmagic wanted £1000…

tthew

Is there a local/non-franchise company that’ll do dentmaster type work? I put a massive deep scratch down the door of my van and a bloke came to do that and a few other little repairs while he was at it for £300.

the-muffin-man

Commercial van – just not worth it.

VanLife Van – maybe. But neither are ‘oh my word, look at that dent’ material.

martinhutch

Dentmagic wanted £1000…

There’s your answer. Do you think that those dings will knock a grand off the resale?

BoardinBob

I bought a dent pulling kit from Amazon and it was a doddle to use and pulled out some big dents on mine. As long as you have a modicum of mechanical ability it should be fine on dents that dont have paint damage

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Depends what response you get to this advert 😁

This. You forgot to say if it has reversing sensors and AC OP

kayak23

I bought a dent pulling kit from Amazon

Interesting. Wonder if I could make my ‘inny’ an ‘outy’ 🤔

Cougar

There’s probably health and safety guidelines warning against using it on your willy.

jeffl

With vehicle prices as they are I wouldn’t bother. Look at other vans for sale of a similar price you think yours is worth and compare the condition.

duncancallum

Id not

Id rather look at something as is.

If I look at high mileage stuff with no chips or Dinks I’m wary as what’s under all that new paint…

dogbone

The parking sensors and Ac are working and undented.

Marin
    Free Member

Shame it’s not an ex AA though.

chakaping
    Free Member

I agree with Duncan.

Especially if it’s a private sale, gives me more of an honest feel for a vehicle.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.