Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Is it worth paying for an engine flush when I get my car serviced?
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Is it actually worth filling up with the ‘premium’ petrol, especially in a (relatively) high power engine? (Audi 1.8T / 200hp

try one tank of VPower and see what you think (not the others – lots of people report they make no difference).

Due to the ‘tanker driver strike’ panic I had to fill up last time with normal Shell petrol and notice it.

xiphon
    Free Member

Well the tanks very nearly empty, so I’ll fill it up (at great expense!) with some VPower stuff.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Well the tanks very nearly empty, so I’ll fill it up (at great expense!) with some VPower stuff.

not if you do get the extra mileage out of it, as many people report. I get an extra 40-50 miles out of a tank, as long as I ignore the novelty of the extra torque.

xiphon
    Free Member

I drive conservatively 90% of the time, just occasionally the extra oomph gets unleashed.

Average MPG seems to hover between 35-37.

kayak23

as a former buyer of fuel for tesco i can tell you the fuel is the same as everybody elses

Maybe, but that Asda fuel, thats the stuff they mop up off the floor…

SnS
    Free Member

Must admit, of the supermarket diesel – I’ve always found Asda’s offering to be the bottom of the pile.
    Morrisons, in MPG & performance seems to be very close if not identical to the big boys. The other supermarket branded diesel somewhere inbetween.

…All circumstantial of course ….YMMV – Sorry, couldn’t resist the pun 😉

Chris

trail_rat
    Free Member

“I use my local National Tyre and Autocare centre. I would consider myself quite handy as I’ve fixed my aircon..glow plugs and do all the other filters. However they charge about £44 for oil change, filter and disposal of the oil. To buy the the oil its about £40 anyway. “

aye mostly notorious for shite oil and shite filters ….

ill stick to doing it my self with known kit.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Is it worth paying for an engine flush when I get my car serviced?’ is closed to new replies.