Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Is it worth getting Huck Norris
  • gilesmartin81

I am thinking about getting Huck Norris to fit to my Continental Barons for a trip to the Alps this year.

I have ripped the sidewall on two tyres on my local tyres this month so am looking for options to reduce this.

I know nothing can stop this happening as it is just bad luck, but if it helps reduce the chance of a puncture by adding a bit more strength to the tyre at about 25 psi then i think it will be worth a try.

Does anyone have any experience using Chuck Norris?

Thanks in advance.

hairyscary

I’ve had them in both my pairs of wheels for the last 6 months combined with WTB tough casing tyres. I fitted them after putting a ding in an expensive set of Mavic wheels first ride out 😕
    Since fitting them I hear far fewer rim dingers and have not marked either set of wheels until last weekend when riding ‘the black’ at Antur Stiniog (very rocky) repeatedly and then only one small ding.

If you’re going to the Alps for chairlift stuff I’d just stick on a pair of Maxxis dual-ply tyres.

nach
    Free Member

I filed a review but I’m not sure when it’ll be published. In summary: Yes, it works, I’ve bashed rims hard on waterbars without damage thanks to it. Every impact cuts it a little though, so you’ll need to replace eventually.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gilesmartin81

Cheers, I think I will pick some up this week to fit with new tyres.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I think I’ll run one on the rear from now on after reading some good reports.

Northwind

Original Barons, or Projekts? If it’s the former it’d make more sense to switch to a tougher tyre probably. Obviously won’t stop you tearing a tyre!

damascus
    Free Member

Go for a stronger, heavier tyre instead.

The problem is when you puncture what do you do with the huck norris that’s covered in sealant?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Unless it’s a pinch type cut I don’t see how it can help and you would be better off with tougher side wall. If you are running pressures on the low end and looking to preserve your rim then I think it makes sense.

nach
    Free Member

damascus – Member

The problem is when you puncture what do you do with the huck norris that’s covered in sealant?

So far, I’ve bunged an anchovy in the tyre. Not slit one badly enough that I needed to use a tube in years. If that did happen, I’d fold the Huck Norris up and put it in the plastic bag I keep in my pack just for carrying anything messy. You could also fold it up and tape it to your top tube if you didn’t have a pack.

gilesmartin81

It’s the Baron Projekts I have been using, I ripped a hole in the sidewall this weekend, while I know this would not so
    Be this issue, it may help keep the tyre from getting in a position where it will rip a hole.

After ruining two tyres in a week, it’s worth a try….

SirHC

If you are tearing tyres, then huck norris/ pro core/ flat tyre defender won’t help. If you are pinch flatting the sidewall, then it will in theory stop it. For the former, super gravity and double down casings will help a lot.

Have just fitted a pair of flat tyre defenders to my reign for the megavalanche, lots of things to hit and plenty of oppurtunity for pinch flatting.

mudhead84
    Free Member

Another to throw in the mix. http://www.cushcore.com

gilesmartin81

Thanks for the advice, I think i will give the Huck Norris a go, that should hopefully resolve the issues I have been getting. I checked the rim yesterday and that needs truing again so the impact must have had some effect.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Is it worth getting Huck Norris’ is closed to new replies.