Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Is it uncouth to leave one's teabag in one's mug when drinking?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I always leave my teabag in while I drink my brew.

Should I report to the workhouse immediatement?

AdamW
    Free Member

Yes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Teabag?
    Mug?

You’re dead to me.

dabble
    Free Member

Philistine

teethgrinder

I leave the loose tea in my pot noodle holder mug.

I also do not wash it between uses.

z1ppy

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats just nasty, stewed tea

mulacs

I do this as well, always have – its the only way to get a decent strong brew out of the lily-livered southerners that I work with.
    It does drive people up the wall though, which is amusing…

khani
    Free Member

Yes..
    Brew it properly and then take the bag out and enjoy delicious tea’ey goodness all the way to the bottom..
    Instead of manky stewed badness from halfway down.
    Pikey… 😕

franksinatra

Where is your teapot? Peasant.

Yak

Not uncouth, just nails 😉

Yak

What is uncouth is my Scottish relatives’ habit of brewing loose leaf tea, but not straining it. They know, so don’t finish the last cm of leaf strewn tea. I never leave a cup without emptying so get surprised with a leafy mulch on the last gulp, then try and slyly gob it back into the cup without going pleuuuurrrgghhhhh.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

not with normal tea that would be a preposterous idea however one can leave a green or floral flavoured teabag in the cup as long as you like. tis the law.

Lifer
    Free Member

Tea bags and milk should never inhabit the same space.

Cougar

What is uncouth is my Scottish relatives’ habit of brewing loose leaf tea, but not straining it. They know, so don’t finish the last cm of leaf strewn tea

I do that. Only I drain down to the end sifting with my teeth.

Perfectly couth. </northern>

globalti
    Free Member

In Pakistan (as in India and Bangladesh, I’m sure) they boil the leaves in the metal teapot on a gas flame for a few minutes just to make sure it’s nice and strong. Then they add the condensed milk and sugar…!

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

My partner puts a PG tips strong bag… And an Earl Grey bag… And Milk in her tea, and then drinks it with the bags still in.

I’ve got used to this.

binners

What would Guy do?

cardo

I used to leave the tea bag in my tea but it got in the way of dunking my toast into it…

ransos
    Free Member

Where is your teapot? Peasant.

+1. It tastes better and provides an instant refill.

wordnumb
    Free Member

not with normal tea that would be a preposterous idea however one can leave a green or floral flavoured teabag in the cup as long as you like. tis the law.

Glad to hear it, I was getting worried about double standards when it comes to green or licorice tea. I think it must be something to do with the milk taboo.

somafunk

Pedant alert Teabag tea is not tea, a 50/50 mix of Brodies Assam and Breakfast tea for me with a 30 ml scoop per teapot and i get two large cups of Black tea from my teapot, and nae milk either.

clubber
    Free Member

Yes. Mind you my sister is pretty posh and she does it so who knows 🙂

Speeder

Lifer – Member
    Tea bags and milk should never inhabit the same space.

+1 – it’s just wrong

clubber
    Free Member

ti_pin_man – Member

That’s because herbal tea tastes of nothing whether you leave it in for one minute or a millennia. Bloody horrible stuff.

RustySpanner

You’re from Swinton. 😀
    Frankly, I’m surprised you don’t just chew the bag.

Cougar

What would Guy do?

Drink shit tea, it would seem.

RustySpanner

Agreed – Yorkshire Tea is disgusting.

mrhoppy

It’s like beastiality, it’s technically possible but it’s an unpleasant thing to do and apart from a very few wrong uns no one would contemplate doing it.

sbob
    Free Member

a 50/50 mix of Brodies Assam and Breakfast tea for me

Ugh, I’m not sure how you can drink such muck.
    I only drink tea from the first third of the leaf which has to have grown on the Western side of the mountains twixt Kerala and Tamil Nadu.

somafunk

I doff my cap to a superior beverage snob, Kolukkumalai Tea estate by any chance?………….. having tea at 7000ft after a days hiking is a rather nice experience 😉

sbob
    Free Member

Actually the nicest “tea” I had in India was a masala chai from an ashram.

From a vending machine. 😳

I’ll get my coat.

globalti
    Free Member

A 50/50 blend of regular tea and Earl Grey is pretty good.

Interesting fact: Earl Grey tea was “invented” when Chinese tea merchants adulterated consignments to England with dried peel of bergamot oranges. London’s tea drinking set liked the taste so much that they asked for more of the same.

somafunk

😀 The nicest cup of tea i’ve ever tasted was made by a lovely Chai lady who set up her rug and stove in the middle of a 48hr New Year party at Hiltop, Goa – by this point i was 28hrs into the session and so grateful for her carefully brewed tea. I was happy to collapse on her rug and be given copious amounts of tea that i gave her a 500 rupee note, we talked for a good long while and she led me away to another one of her friends on the outskirts of the trees and i got the most amazing invigorating massage (No…not that sort) i’ve ever had and i was able to complete the 48hr marathon with their help 😀

iolo
    Free Member

To the OP its fine to leave the teabag in.
    It’s called “teabagging” google it and you will see many examples.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

In the UK yes.

in Europe with that awful tea in the Yellow packets, no – it’s a necessity!

CountZero

I don’t mind strong tea, but finding a teabag in the bottom; eeewwwww! 😕

pk13

Death penalty.

Kahurangi

No, it’s nasty and un-tea-like by the time you get to the bottom.

mogrim

in Europe with that awful tea in the Yellow packets, no – it’s a necessity!

That would be Lipton tea, a truly awful way to make tea.

Fortunately at least in Madrid you can quite easily get hold of PG or Tetley – not the finest tea in the world I’m sure, but a lot better than Liptons.

And no: you should never leave the teabag in.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Is it uncouth to leave one's teabag in one's mug when drinking?’ is closed to new replies.