Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Is it too hot to ride?
  • mogrim

That’s not a dog, that’s a hippo!

To the OP: come out for a ride in central Spain at the beginning of August, gets quite warm…

hicksville
    Free Member

Warmest for me was in the dorgdone in 2003 heat wave 41 degrees tarmac was melting, so not just temperate

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Went out in it today as gosh its hot. Cwmcarn was very hot. But 2 laps and a really good tan has made my day!

crazy-legs

It’s never too hot to ride. It can be too muddy, windy, wet, cold, icy or miserable (or any combination of) but *never* too hot.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Found the cure for my sunburnt shoulder today…. Hit a tree and remove the skin from it!! oh well!

retro83
    Free Member

Lovely out today. Cycle computer was saying 23 after being in the shade for an hour or so.

Seemed hotter but less humid than yesterday. Bit of a breeze too … AAAAAHHH can’t beat it

snaps
    Free Member

Nice & cool under the trees so I followed a route that made the most of it.

ChrisS
    Free Member

I have been out riding in the mid-day sun before and overheated, ended up having to lie down in the shade for a while pouring water over my head and feeling rotten…. I actually prefer being too cold to too hot 😯

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Too hot to ride! Pah, i pushed a 45lb downhill bike up easteridge yesterday in full armour in 20+C heat and 70% plus humidity according to the local weather station.

People in this country, “its too cold to ride, its too wet to ride, its too hot to ride”. Then complain they dont get to ride enough.

Get on your bike take plenty of water and sunscreen and MAN THE F*CK UP!

ChrisS
    Free Member

LOL – yeah, heatstroke doesn’t really exist, it’s just an excuse for being WEAK! bit like altitude sickness and mental illness 😉

funhover
    Free Member

23 degrees pah!

I endured 47 degrees on a 3 hour road ride at the weekend

(Reverse cement factory loop, apparently, around Muscat Oman)

6 litres of water drunk plus another load poured directly over my head.

Not exactly pleasant I grant you and at the time I was thinking why am I doing this?

Now I know – so I can post on singletrackworld.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Not exactly pleasant I grant you and at the time I was thinking why am I doing this?

Now I know – so I can post on singletrackworld.

LOL!

Why do we do anything?? 😀

devs
    Free Member

Big up respeck for cycling in Muscat. Apart from the ridiculous heat the drivers are a complete mare. Not as bad as the Saudis and Kuwaitis though. I never cycled during my desert visits but the hottest I was in was a wee visit to the Basra road in the early 90s when it was 52 deg. Hottest I’ve cycled in was mid 30s in Belize where it wasn’t so much the heat but the 100pc humidity that knacked you.

ransos
    Free Member

I got through 6 litres of water at Afan yesrday, and still couldn’t pee!

Offroading
    Free Member

Im sat in the garden just outside Edinburgh, the thermometer is reading 35 deg and in the greenhouse it’s 41.

Just seen the weather report and it said they expect it to reach 27 deg, well really ? It was 27 deg here by 11.00 am.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Fantastic solo 4.5 hour bimble on Exmoor yesterday – loads of sun, dusty trails, everyone smiling, burbling streams, dragonflies and gorgeous dappled woods too. 3 litres and quite dehydrated. Pushed half of Selworthy Beacon back to the car to avoid fainting.

Now that’s what I call summer riding!

jimmy

DezB walking his dog yesterday;

zaskar
    Free Member

Dimmadan – Member
    I am sat in my garden in Gloucester contemplating not going out for a ride as it is too hot.

Am I just being GAY?

What you do with other men sexually in your own garden is your business.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Is it too hot to ride?’ is closed to new replies.