Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Is it right to feel UK sick…?
  • juan
    Free Member

As per title really. I know I’ll speak english in a bit but I do miss the UK, the people, the weather and so and so. I even miss the bacon van

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

wear are you know, i feel the need to leave the UK

ton

mate, i will swap you.
    somewhere like perpignan would suit me fine…… 8)

juan
    Free Member

somewhere like perpignan would suit me fine

I am nowhere near to perpignan…

ton

i know, but it would still do me nicely 😀

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I felt like this pretty much the whole time I lived in Tasmania for 13 months.

I missed the leafy Surrey Hills the most, which is about as diametrically opposite to rugged Tas as one can possibly get.

portlyone

Where i used to live people celebrated Xmas on the beach. Just felt wrong to me!

Phototim
    Free Member

I live in Switzerland. They don’t do hedges. I miss hedges.

juan
    Free Member

Thing is I am not even british…

thomthumb
    Free Member

come and visit 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

Photim, dont the Swizz do Hedgefunds ?

wors

Thing is I am not even british..

Have you got some british in you?? 😯

camo16
    Free Member

I miss Acapulco. 😥

I’m not Mexican and I’ve never been to Mexico, but ¡Ay, caramba! how I miss it.

juan
    Free Member

wors nope although I know plenty of people that would have loved to make me british on the inside ;)…
    Crap I even miss the british approach to gayness 🙁

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I lived in Madrid for a couple of years and it was great, but I missed the UK. I missed the mud and how green it is mainly. Forrin countries don’t have proper mud.

Rickos
    Free Member

I’m quite the Francophile – it’s my guilty secret, what with me being and English gent and all that. But the French have it so good – great surfing beaches, superb mountains and that just don’t give a crap attitude. Good weather too which means you can do all that eating outdoors thing. They do love a good strike though, which is a little off-putting. 😉

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

In my limited time living overseas (3 years in Germany), I can honestly say that I did not miss this wet misserable island for one minute.

But, for 12 months after we returned to the UK, the kids kept asking “when can we go home again?”
    I felt the same. I still occasionally feel the same now TBH.

LoCo
    Free Member

Missing the house in France after 5 days back, mainly due to the sh”e weather, it was lovely the whole time we were over there and had some lovely road riding

toys19
    Free Member

Have you got some british in you??

Wors are you making him an offer?

nicko74

Ah, I think in your situation juan, yes, possibly. If you’d grown up here as a nipper, all through university and 10 years of work in London then no, not at all.

I’m in Canadia, celebrating my 13 month anniversary. I miss lots of little things (historic buildings, sausages, squash and the understanding of it, bacon butties, football, cricket), but it’s the big things that really make it – the quality of life, the overall niceness of people, the hot Canadian women who love an English accent. I realise it may change, but right now I see the UK as a nice place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there (again)…

donsimon
    Free Member

I lived in Spain for ten years and have been back in the UK for less than two months. I will be back in Spain as soon as possible, I had forgotten how depressing the weather actually is…

racefaceec90

just be thankful that you are somewhere warm and sunny (just guessing).in the next few months the weather will turn to s**t here 🙁 and british gas are rubbing their hands whilst i speak 😡

emanuel
    Free Member

lived in the uk,italy and now spain.
    sick of all of them,miss all of them,when I change.

just can’t win I suppose.

Don simon,I’d wanted to ask you about leaving spain,guess I don’t have to now.

Read voltaire’s candide,last night.put it all into a bit of perspective.
    asides from being funny,and short,both good things in a book.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Lived in Oz for years… missed the Highlands

Back in the Highlands….Missing Oz 🙄

epicyclo

Kbrembo – Member
    Lived in Oz for years… missed the Highlands
    Back in the Highlands….Missing Oz

+1

donsimon
    Free Member

Don simon,I’d wanted to ask you about leaving spain,guess I don’t have to now.

Ask away if there’s anything else.

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve just spent 5 days working in Germany, fantastic country but man I miss my local, the food, the culture and most of all my bike.

brakes
    Free Member

I suppose I should mention the wife too

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hiya Juan. I do miss Scotland when I am away from it but I would love to live in france.

deserter
    Free Member

I live in Canada and missed the UK a few weeks ago, so when the missus got fired I thought it was a good time to come ‘home’ to make sure we were doing the right thing, after 2 days all 3 of us wanted to come back to Canada which we now refer to as home and moan a lot less about

can’t see us coming back for a good while tbh

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve lived and worked abroad for long enough to know that I could never leave Britain; I love the weather, the landscapes, the culture and the history – no other nation takes as much pride and interest in its own history. Britain has more charitable organisations than any other country in the world, we love doing things for other people less fortunate than us.

Here’s an illustration: I was once listening to a programme on R4 called “Does He Take Sugar?” which is about disability. They were covering a conference in southern England for people who suffer from a certain type of blindness. They interviewed a Frenchman who had this and had travelled over to attend the conference. When they asked him why, he replied: “I listen to the programme every week from my home in northern France. When I heard about this conference I just had to come; you probably don’t realise this but in France we have nothing like societies and support groups for sufferers of certain illnesses, we don’t have charities and we don’t organise meetings and conferences. That’s why I came to England.”

Drac

I’m not surprised Juan you made a lot of friends when you were over and really did get right into our culture and travelled around. It’s a great country only the miserable ones complain about it being miserable. I’ll gladly live in many other countries but I do love the UK.

HansRey

things i miss about UK—
    – the humor
    – carpets
    – beer
    – bacon
    – eye contact
    – not being the random foreigner who speaks the local lingo like a toddler
    – friendly women (if not so easy on the eye)
    – semiskimmed milk
    – good coffee
    – better bus drivers
    – hills and country pubs and cafes
    – village centres

that’s all for now 🙂

prezet
    Free Member

I miss New Zealand. Would go back to live in a heartbeat – sadly the other half likes being near her family too much… one day maybe.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’ll swap with you too – its getting dark early, the wind was freezing yesterday and the sky is grey today. It looks like winter already 😥

Elbows

I’ve been in Germany for 8 years now and miss the beer, pies and the humour – and not being looked at like an alien when I refer to my friend’s yellow Fiat Panda as Thunderbird 4.
    I know it’s time for a visit home when I start day dreaming about riding in Dalby forest followed by Fish and chips at the White Horse Cafe, mmmmm, I’m going to book flights this evening.

However, when I’ve been back in the Republic of North Yorkshire for a few days, I’ll miss the beer, kebabs and being able to filter out (or not understand)the cr@p that a lot of people speak.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

^^^ wonders… is that actually Hans Rey?^^^ 😯

juan
    Free Member

Well excpet for point 2 3 6 Iam with hansrey

juan
    Free Member

I’ll swap with you too – its getting dark early, the wind was freezing yesterday and the sky is grey today. It looks like winter already

Careful what you wish for. You’ll have no job, people would be very rude, irrespectful (is that a word), impolite and won’t give a rat ass about you. Cycling will be the most painful and dangerous experience you’ll ever have and although your meal will be cheaper, everything else would be very expensive and you won’t be able to take any picture as non one will process your films any more.

HansRey

nah, not the real HR, i’m a copycat 🙂 Elbows, you have a point about filtering out conversations !!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Is it right to feel UK sick…?’ is closed to new replies.