Viewing 34 posts - 841 through 874 (of 874 total)
  • Is it racist…
  • Solo
    Free Member

nealglover – Member
    Here we go again
    Another 24 pages ?

Likely not, imo. I suspect Cougar or Drac may arrive soon and propose the thread has run it’s “natural” course and that perhaps we’d all consider abandoning this thread now so that it may RiP….

Until the next time 😉

johnx2
    Free Member

At what point along the racial slur scale does something pass from being “not very PC” to being “racist”?

Perfectly put. It’s on the scale. Views differ as to precisely where, apparently…

ton

anyone want a chinky for tea= not racist
    oy, you chinky ****= racist

simple.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“anyone want a chinky for tea= not racist
    simple.”

On page 10 I would have agreed.

However the OED is definitive AFAIC. If it’s not, what is?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Could be a racist cannibal.

tjagain

shush. I’m in deep cover Don’t blow it for me 😉

Solo
    Free Member

tjagain – Member
    shush. I’m in deep cover Don’t blow it for me

Not exactly an unambiguous reply. I only ask as if that is the case, it would seem there’s been some sort of bannee amnesty recently??

nealglover
    Free Member

simple.

Ton, maybe it would have been better to actually read the thread (rather than moaning about how boring it was previously)

That way you would know that your exact point has been repeatedly made, and argued for against to infinity and beyond.

What really is boring, is hearing it again after 25 pages.

tjagain

Solo – yes its me. I am here under tolerance. I don’t think there was any amnesty. I came back with a new name that reflects my old one and surprisingly was allowed to stay but I am very aware that the mods tolerance to me will rightly be very limited

ton

Ton, maybe it would have been better to actually read the thread (rather than moaning about how boring it was previously)

That way you would know that your exact point has been repeatedly made, and argued for against to infinity and beyond.

What really is boring, is hearing it again after 25 pages.

I know that, and have read it.
    I just wanted to pass a bit more time constantly repeating myself, like everyone else has done for the last 25 pages.

Solo
    Free Member

@TJ.

Ok, well, you would appear not to be the only former offender to have been granted leave to return.

Make the most of it, in a positive way.
    😉

Solo
    Free Member

ton – Member
    like everyone else

I’m offended at that remark!!!

You clearly appear not to know or to care that by lumping me in with “everyone” you’re ignoring my inner Snowflake!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

1) Previously, you said you were not very intelligent (or words to that effect)

Where? I don’t recall doing so, hence my confusion.[/quote]

First post here

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/unplanned-pregnancy

Solo
    Free Member

EDITED:

C.B.A!

funkmasterp

That’s a very low blow and from an entirely different thread that has little to no bearing on this one.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

That’s a very low blow and from an entirely different thread that has little to no bearing on this one.

I’m not sure how the thread changes your perception of your own intelligence. I was only rephrasing your own evaluation, i was surprised you objected to it.

funkmasterp

The post on the other thread was pretty much related to my intelligence regarding academic qualifications. This thread pertains to my ability to be able to debate whether or not a word in and of itself can be offensive. My intellectual ability to take part in a forum debate has little to do with my job or educational record. At least that’s my opinion. Going digging in to my posting history to score some sort of perceived point is one of the saddest things I’ve encountered on here.

Cougar

Likely not, imo. I suspect Cougar or Drac may arrive soon and propose the thread has run it’s “natural” course and that perhaps we’d all consider abandoning this thread now so that it may RiP….

Perhaps. But one of the happy side-effects of threads like this is it keeps those who most love to hear the sound of their own, er, fingers occupied in one place rather than polluting the rest of the forum.

it would seem there’s been some sort of bannee amnesty recently??

Not officially, nothing’s changed. The thing with the perma-banned is, generally they never change. A new user pops up exhibiting the same behaviour that got them banned in the first place, they’re pretty easy to spot and get banned again for the same reasons (though of course, we always welcome tip-offs if you suspect someone 🙂 ).

Very occasionally, some characters do reform. Even Shibboleth seems to be behaving himself for the moment. Whether they get to stay really depends on the nature of their past transgressions, some characters are pathological cockwombles and will never return.

Cougar

Going digging in to my posting history to score some sort of perceived point is one of the saddest things I’ve encountered on here.

Are you sure about that? It’s a pretty high bar. (-:

Cougar

I suspect Cougar or Drac may arrive soon

Oh yeah, point of order: a bit like oranges, we are not the only moderators, just ones foolish enough to admit it.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Going digging in to my posting history to score some sort of perceived point is one of the saddest things I’ve encountered on here.

What if i was a White Hispanic Rapper?

funkmasterp

Then you could probably get away with using the N word whist rapping 😐

Are you sure about that? It’s a pretty high bar. (-:

Lol that’s very true Cougar. I’m off to the bike forum for some sanity.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

[you’ll have to improvise your own beatboxing]

We all been discussin’ acceptability
    Been some seriousness and some frivolity
    The suddenly some people take offence
    Not at words, but their sentiments
    All humour seems to evaporate
    Folks could apologise but it’s too late
    It’s what happens when you throw around words of hate
    Funkmasterp steps up with his two cents
    Demonstrates his moderate intelligence
    Sh*t gettin’ personal now
    Discussion ain’t so high brow
    Soon mods gonna go to town
    And this thread gonna get locked down

*Boom*

aracer
    Free Member

Even I’ve given up on this thread now though. Oh, hang on…

funkmasterp

😆 that’s made me laugh CM. A bit of humour in a thread that had lost all sense 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Good, can we be friends again?

funkmasterp

Were we ever not? I reckon we’d actually get on pretty well in person. Both despise racism, just have different takes on how to deal with it. I think this could be a good time to lock this thing down and get back to talking about tyres.

Solo
    Free Member

Thanks Cougar.

Cougar

[you’ll have to improvise your own beatboxing]

Oh, that’s very good.

Cougar

I reckon we’d actually get on pretty well in person.

Depends on attitude, doesn’t it. If you’re debating with someone who’s frothing away at the keyboard then they’re just going to get angrier and angrier. With folk like CM it’s more like intellectual jousting than arguing. I think I’d get on well with them “IRL” too.

The problem is, in written text it can often be very difficult to tell the difference.

funkmasterp

CM and me throughout this sorry excuse for a thread 😀

tjagain

………….. I think this could be a good time to lock this thing down and get back to talking about tyres.

Whitewall or all black ones?

Cougar

CM and me throughout this sorry excuse for a thread

I suppose that makes me the dragon that appears when you fanny about for too long… (-:

funkmasterp

😆 at Cougar. I’m saying nothing

Whitewall or all black ones?

Tan side walls 🙂

Viewing 34 posts - 841 through 874 (of 874 total)

The topic ‘Is it racist…’ is closed to new replies.