Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Is it possible to glue the soles back on cycling shoes?
  • Well, obviously it’s possible, but will they stay on long term?
    I pulled the soles off my Sidi shoes.

I’ve glued the soles back on trainers with hot melt glue before, although they’ve always needed doing again after a few months.
    Is there a glue I could buy, or a place I could send them to to be glued for a permanent repair?
    I guess a high street cobbler could do it, but is their glue strong enough? Normal shoes don’t have to stand having the sole actually pulled away from the upper like a cycling shoe.

shredder
    Free Member

I have had good results gluing the sole back on my ageing

Wish they still made them ..
    Using This serious glue

D0NK

cobbler I took mine to said probably not as he couldn’t get them on his last to apply some real pressure, he did attempt it and didn’t charge me for the slightly shoddy looking results, haven’t actually tried them out yet, fear of soles parting company in the middle of nowhere.

neilwheel
    Free Member

You could try Sikaflex EBT (Screwfix amongst others)

Seems to bond anything to everything and is permanently flexible.

If you do, i would say at least 3 days to achieve full bond strength.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Couple of short screws through from the inside.

nach
    Free Member

Shoe Goo or Barge Cement.

Also: http://thistothat.com

joshvegas
    Free Member

They do look very gluable I would atleast be trying it.

tsd
    Free Member

I glued my Diadora road shoe soles back on. Lasted for a couple of years.

allthepies
    Free Member

Not with vegan glue.

😉

coatesy
    Free Member

Used to be a regular problem with Sidis, tried a few different glues with no real success, so took them to a cobbler who glued and stapled them on.

knightrider
    Free Member

i’ve used silicone sealant with a bit of wood in the shoe and a couple of clamps leave for a couple of weeks lasted over a year so far

project
    Free Member

ensure all muck and mud is removed with a soapy water wash and rinse then a brush with a wire brus, then apply a coat of evo stick contact adhesive to each surface allow to dry and then squeeze together and leave in a warm place for a day.

contact adhesive sticks to itseelf so some cling film between shoe and sole will allow a bit of manouvreability before you touch both parts togeter

postierich
    Free Member

Shoo gue has worked for me!

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Sikaflex sounds a good idea as we use that at work for sticking bits of bus together. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that.
    I’ll probably pull the soles off completely so I can clean it all properly, then carve a block of wood to make an improvised last so I can clamp them together.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to glue the soles back on cycling shoes?’ is closed to new replies.