Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Is it possible to fit new spring bars to time pedals? If not any deals on them?
  • tall_martin

Hi,

I have a three pairs of time pedals that have worn spring bars.They are all starting to intermittently release unexpectedly with new cleats.

Two pairs of mx8 and one pair of time all road gripper single sided pedals.

Can the spring bars be replaced? apart from some scuffs the bodies and bearings are all fine.

If not any deals on new ones? Its ~£50 from bike discount de for single sided ones for the road bike, ~£115 for Mx12 or ~£50 for Mx4.

Cheers!

Martin

swdan
    Free Member

I had a bar fall out of an Xpresso pedal, just within the 2 year warranty, and Time offered to send me a new set or bars which makes me think you can replace them on that model. However I’d already contacted Wiggle about it and they just refunded me so bought a new set of pedals instead so never took Time up on the offer

dc2.0

Hi Martin

ive got 4 or 5 pairs of time pedals I no longer use from various bikes (Ive switched to flats, son has switched to SPD). Most of these have had little use. Away from home at the moment but can send more info on Monday if you’re interested.

tall_martin

Thanks both!

theblackmount
    Free Member

Yes it is.

But you cant buy the parts…

I contacted Extra when I ‘lost’ the spring out of one of my pairs of MX8’s and they replaced FOC. Even although they were out of warranty. So, top marks to Extra but Time pedals have gone downhill in recent years and the top end pedals are ludicrously over priced for what they are.The axle which holds the springs is knurled at each end. However, this isn’t enough to stop the twisting action on the spring walking the axle out of the resin body. Then you lose the spring…

This has now happened to me on two pairs of  MX8’s and a pair of Mavics ( Time licenced the design to Mavic for a few years but they’ve since dropped the range) In my view there’s an inherent design weakness.

Personally I’d just buy a pair of the old Time pedals ( the resin ones) that come up on ebay all the err.. time. That product was bombproof.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to fit new spring bars to time pedals? If not any deals on them?’ is closed to new replies.