Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Is it possible to download tunes from a foreign I tune site?
  • Vortexracing

Really fancy an EP that appears to be only on the India site for I tunes??

When I try to purchase it it says No, you can only purchase form the UK.

Anybody got any ideas on how to do it.

OR

what is best to convert from youtube to MP3 if there is no way to get it on I tunes.

ta

Dave

Cougar

VPN?

CountZero

I don’t think a VPN would help, you need an account to buy, which (usually) requires a bank account in the same country. This is why you can’t buy downloads from iTunes America, or at least as far as I know.
    Similar with buying lots of stuff from Amazon, you might be able to spoof your country of origin, but paying for it will show a different country of origin of the bank account.
    It might be possible with physical goods, but downloads are a different matter.

clubby

VPN won’t work as your iTunes account is still registered to uk.
    Can do it by setting up another account with fake address In India and using Indian iTunes cards. Works for the USA site. I live in a snowboard shop in Breckinridge Colorado 🙂

Vortexracing

That sounds like a dead end then 🙁

apart from the copy MP3 from youtube option 🙁

slackalice
    Free Member

Are you able to Shazam it? I don’t know if that would work or not but if you subscribe to Apple Music, shazam’d tracks will be added to your library if Apple have the rights/licences.

kynasf
    Free Member

I use iTunes gift cards, but I’ve only ever seen US and Canadian ones. I used to have an mp3 downloader add on for Firefox which was great for YouTube. I imagine that’s a good place to start

DezB
    Free Member

Are you sure it’s only on iTunes and Youtube? What about Soundcloud? or Amazon?
    (or STW if you tell us what it is winkwink)

Vortexracing

it’s this guy

Chris Kläfford – Something like me

I must admit I have never heard of Soundcloud, and I think I have to subscribe the Amazon to get anything

easily
    Free Member

Try this:
    https://www.wikihow.com/Change-iTunes-Store-Country-Region
    It’s worked for me in the past. Grand Theft Auto is illegal in Thailand, so I switched their store from Thai to UK, downloaded the app, then switched it back. No problems with playing it.
    I didn’t try with music, but it should work the same.

If that doesn’t work try something like this:
    https://youtubemp3free.org
    I’ve used similar to get a few songs unavailable elsewhere – not the highest quality audio, but good enough.

DezB
    Free Member

Some legal downloads here – https://uk.7digital.com/search?q=Chris%20Kl%C3%A4fford

Quite a few on Amazon too – you don’t need Prime, just an Amazon account to purchase mp3s

Vortexracing

cheers guys I’ll check those out

prettygreenparrot

Way back when, the USA iTunes Store had a bunch of stuff unavailable in the UK one. It insisted on having a USA address. With that supplied I used USA iTunes vouchers to keep it going. Not used it in a while.

Given the complexity of digital music rights I’m with the folks who say ‘look elsewhere’. Spotify, amazon, deezer, perhaps you could ask a record store to look for it on one of those old-time physical formats?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to download tunes from a foreign I tune site?’ is closed to new replies.