Is it possible to change fork travel on my Canyon Nerve XC?

Home Forum Bike Forum Is it possible to change fork travel on my Canyon Nerve XC?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Is it possible to change fork travel on my Canyon Nerve XC?
  • cspeers

Hi there,

Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to upgrade my forks on my Canyon Nerve from the Fox Float RL 120mm it comes with to 130 or 140mm travel fork without affecting the geometry too much? I’m proposing to leave the rear shock as 120mm.

I’m doing the Passport du Soleil on it in June and feel slightly under biked and can’t afford a new bike and was considering upgrading the fork?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

nammynake

Interested in this too.

theendisnigh

I briefly put a 150mm fork in my 120mm travel bike and I found it was better for descending, it just made climbing harder. If you can afford to hire a bike it might make more sense.

svalgis

Bumping this as I’d also like to know if any has tried it. Above all I’m wondering if the frame would be able to take it? Can’t find any info on maximum travel.

Have a look at fork axle-to-crown measurements,a 130mm fork may not have a greatly different measurement,and its that that affects the handling.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to change fork travel on my Canyon Nerve XC?’ is closed to new replies.