Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is it possible to adjust out a flat spot on a wheel
  • dogmatix

i.e. via getting it trued? am looking at buying one from pinkbike and have been told it has a minor flat spot.

LoCo
    Free Member

Not really, and you have to ask how ‘minor’ is minor.

bencooper
    Free Member

Depends how flat. It’s tricky because what you’re trying to do is pull in the rest of the rim, pushing out the flat bit. So generally not unless it’s only a little bit.

And like LoCo says, if it’s enough to mention in an advert, no 😉

wwaswas

Generally, yes.

But for a second hand wheel you don’t know the history of I’d expect ‘minor’ to mean the seller has already tried to adjust it out and this is the best that can be achieved. There may also be some rim damage associated with the issue.

(I may of course be entirely misinterpreting the situation)

soobalias
    Free Member

technically yes at least to some extent, but a wheel advertised with a flat spot, i would expect to be beyond repair

CaptainCrash
    Free Member

A flat spot is indicative of damage to the rim, avoid…..

dogmatix

ok cool I will swerve it then… it is a nukeproof generator with a ding and a bit of a flat spot due to the ding. Ah well back to looking around…

LoCo
    Free Member

ding & flat spot, Run away! 😉

dogmatix

I know this is stating the obvious but rear DH back wheels at a decent price and in half decent condition, hens molars…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to adjust out a flat spot on a wheel’ is closed to new replies.