• This topic has 108 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Is it OK to punch a clown in the face?
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

Have the actually threantdned anyone ?

Yes. Clowns with knives threatened to kill schoolkids. Then teachers getting into their cars.

Police not that bothered as “Clowns are a joke”

Some kids later admitted it and police showing some interest, as the hard work has been doen for them.

2 kids at the same school thought it would be funny to get on the back of this and jumped out on some girls in masks. Got the shit kicked out of them.

So at least it’s all right in the end.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Clowns with knives threatened to kill schoolkids.

Some kids later admitted it

Were they dressed as clowns when they went to school or did they only get changed to make their threat?

Seriously, this is f’n stupid. Yes, terrorising kids is a seriously crappy thing to do. But it’s a fanny in a clown suit, get over it.

edlong
    Free Member

Am I the only 1 who wants to get a clown costume now?

Phew, thought it was just me. No, no you’re not.

Drac

I was going to buy a Pennywise costume as I’ve a party in a few weeks and another in a couple of months, now I might not bother as clearly it means you will kill people. Of course I could wait until the 31st as it’s OK then to dress up to scare people.

Drac

something tells me you won’t think it’s serious until one does kill someone!

But if they do is it a clown are just a person who committed murder? Of course my point is calling them killer clowns is just press hyperbole.

jimjam
    Free Member

Drac

But if they do is it a clown are just a person who committed murder? Of course my point is calling them killer clowns is just press hyperbole.

I agree, but “****” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

DezB
    Free Member

I think the press are the only ones calling them that. Everyone else is using different adjectives.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Great video on youtube of a couple of ‘clowns’ running about scaring folks, until a chap pulls a gun on them. They immediately start begging for their lives quivering in fear…quite ironic really

I personally think that anyone who dresses up as a clown simply to scare people can have no complaints when they receive a good hard kick in.

So to answer the OP…yes definitely.

Drac

I personally think that anyone who dresses up as a clown simply to scare people can have no complaints when they receive a good hard kick in.

I bet you’re a joy at Halloween.

JackHammer

I get it’s 1% kids having a laugh, but it’s a slightly odd way to do it and they won’t be laughing if in scaring someone the fight or flight reflex comes down on the fight side and they get a size ten in the face.

That’s why you chase children, they have little feet.

DezB
    Free Member

It. Is. Not. Halloween. 👿

FuzzyWuzzy

There’s already clips out there of people beating up ‘killer’ clowns, fair play though to the idiots that dress up like that in the US and chase people – I would have thought getting shot was a not too insignificant risk.

I’m guessing the trend in the UK will build until Halloween and then hopefully die off afterwards.

DezB
    Free Member

build until Halloween

Build?? Surely it’s reached a peak!

ads678

Even when it is Halloween, if any one dressed up in any costume clown or otherwise, pulls a knife out on kids/women/any other people and chases them down the street they deserve a massive kick in and/or arresting.

Personally I think all clowns are **** regardless of how cheery, creepy or aggressive they are. But then I don’t understand all the zombie shit in recent years either, **** weird if you ask me.

tpbiker
    Free Member

you think its acceptable to act like that on halloween? Read one ‘report’ of a woman going into labour she got such a fright.

Usually folks that dress up on halloween go guising, or to a party. Not chasing unsuspecting folks down the street

the backlash has already started however, which will hopefully make these idiots think twice

alanf
    Free Member

Somebody has punched one in Peterborough…

cl’owned’

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

We’ve just spoken to the police who have told us that a man was walking along George Street in Peterborough at about 11:20 yesterday morning “when a man jumped out in front of him wearing a clown mask and possibly something in his hand”.

The statement concludes with: “The informant punched him in the face.”

The bluntness of that made me smile!

mudshark
    Free Member

It does rather seem like it’s going to be seen as OK now to punch anyone in a clown suit so watch out if you’re that way inclined.

funkmasterp

It does rather seem like it’s going to be seen as OK now to punch anyone in a clown suit so watch out if you’re that way inclined.

Right I’m off to the local McDonald’s to give Ronald a beat down! I’ve been waiting years to do this. Thanks for the go ahead 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Haven’t McDonnalds dropped Ronald as thier “logo”, thought I read that recently.

Shame, they’d be right on trend for once.

maccruiskeen

Haven’t McDonnalds dropped Ronald as thier “logo”, thought I read that recently.

I think what’s going to bring an end to this Killer Clown fad isn’t the police or the media – it’ll be a cease and desist letter from McD’s. for infringing their scary clown intellectual property

EDIT
    and Donald McTrump of course

CountZero

Have the actually threantdned (sp!) anyone ? The press tell us they’re killer clowns even though they haven’t actually killed anyone.

I would have thought it was perfectly clear that standing with a knife in your hand just staring at someone would, by any reasonable observer, be considered ‘threatening’.
    Standing there staring holding a bunch of water-squirting flowers or a rubber chicken, quite probably not threatening.
    This doesn’t take a genius-level intellect to figure out!
    The fact that a significant number of people feel genuine fear at the sight of clowns makes their actions threatening.

RustySpanner

The fact that a significant number of people feel genuine fear at the sight of clowns makes their actions threatening.

There was no such thing as a fear of clowns prior to ‘It’.
    I stand by the fact that it’s just something tedious people say to try and make themselves interesting.

maccruiskeen

There was no such thing as a fear of clowns prior to ‘It’.‘The Pickwick Papers’

🙂

At least the clown in the Pickwick Papers was made up. Pierrot beat a kid to death in 1836 with a stick for heckling him. #sadface

DezB
    Free Member

I stand by the fact that it’s just something tedious people say to try and make themselves interesting.

I’ve not heard 10 year old girls referred to as tedious people before (though they no doubt are).
    But that’s who is getting the fear round here. Too scared to walk to school on their own. Bloody hilarious.

RustySpanner

That’s not an inherent fear of clowns, that’s a fear of being attacked or intimidated.

Perfectly understandable.

DezB
    Free Member

Well, yeah, if it was smurfs terrorising people at the moment, then they’d be scared of smurfs. But at the moment it’s clowns!

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Is it OK to punch a clown in the face?’ is closed to new replies.