Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Is it me, or did she just leave the building?
  • mogrim

Rain forecast for tomorrow afternoon, about time!!! It hasn’t rained for a couple of months here in Madrid, I’ve missed it.

birky
    Free Member

BoardinBob

Absolutely biblical rain on the way from Stirling to Glasgow yesterday afternoon. Wipers on full speed were doing absolutely nothing and visibility was zero at times. 99% of drivers reduced speed and stuck to the inside lane. Only obvious **** was 5 series man who came blazing down the fast lane oblivious to the fact he was causing a massive tidal wave that was sweeping the opposite carriageway.

iainc

trails are saturated 🙁 Think will head out on road bike tonight rather than the mudfest of the local trails…….not a usual occurence on a light and bright summer evening in Glasgow 🙁

richmtb

Rainfall map for July

One of those bright blue blob is right over Glasgow.

Oh, and it rained most of yesterday (the 30th) too!

Here’s hoping for a better August

slowoldman

Crikey it’s been remarkably dry in the Peak hasn’t it?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You should’ve spent July back home Richmtb, it’s not been that wet at all in the shire!. Had a week on Arran last week, third year on the trot we’ve been there in July, and this year was the best weather yet in terms of stability, a wee bit cooler, but hey ho.

cvilla

Just been to Pyrenees (no bikes), varies from wet 12 deg to hot 32 deg in a few days.
    Bruneep where are your pics from?

binners

Well that was fun! Set off in pissing rain, and it got progressively grimmer. Genuinely cold on the tops, as I was drowned by that point, and couldn’t see a bloody thing. Conditions were dreadful. Boggy and slimy! And to add to it, the trend for blocking trails that’s become popular over at Rivi looks like it’s taking off over here now too.

Brilliant!

Welcome to August!

ahwiles
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    Crikey it’s been remarkably dry in the Peak hasn’t it?

Certainly has, but doesn’t ‘white’ on that map mean ‘roughly average’?

We’ve just come back from our local* loop. Warm, sunny, dry, dusty, passing shower. Gorgeous.

(*sheffield)

nickc

did a loop of Gisburn, and while it did throw it down for a bit, it was pretty warm.

Fun 😀

Kunstler

I met a old German guy in Mallaig last week who had travelled there to escape unbearable heat in his country. He was rather entertainingly telling me about record world temperatures currently being recorded (I really enjoyed wasn’t sure about this) and how hw had had enough of trying to sleep when it’s 25 degrees at night.
    If ever there was an opposite of summer it’s a cold and wet Mallaig.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Summer is back over here ! A heady 23c ! Trails are lovely and dry except for the odd patch of bottomless mud

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Is it me, or did she just leave the building?’ is closed to new replies.