• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by beej.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is it just me, or is he being a little optimistic with the asking price?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

and a little liberal with the description…

mildred

Almost as optimistic as some of the prices on here lately.

andybloomer
    Free Member

Maybe a little over priced in this example but from what I’ve seen and had experience of in the classifieds is that most buyers want top end parts for peanuts, its nothing short of a car boot sale.

More often than not you turn to the wanted section and see posts starting with ‘WTD cheap’ and I’ve never seen one that started with ‘buyer happy to pay a reasonable price for someone’s cherished but no longer required parts’.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Wow, you could almost get a second hand fox fork for that.

But yes, very much doubt the seller paid anything like that for it when it was new.

br
    Free Member

He’s 8 offers on it though, I wonder how much the highest is?

old_mtber
    Free Member

He’ll probably get the price he wants. I recently tried to buy an XT Shadow 9 sp rear mech – they all went for more than a new one from CRC! Mad.

DezB
    Free Member

He’ll probably get the price he wants

I bet you an Apollo Slant that it doesn’t sell at all.

77ric
    Free Member

He’s been trying to sell it a while it would seem, apparently he was asking £720 at one point. Some comment about it on Pink bike

richmtb

Judging by the classifieds on here that’s a fair price

andrewh
    Free Member

It may sell, never ceases to amaze me what people will buy on fleabay for silly prices, I sold a top-cap off a RaceFace Deus headset for £16, the whole headset only cost me £20! Why would someone pay that for it? Or two people actually, someone must have bid £15…
    Bought a frame in 2006 for £40, rode it for 5 years until I stripped the thread out of the BB shell, put it in the garage for a year, then sold it on fleabay for £45. Quite mad.
    I always list my stuff on the free listings weekends with optimistic prices, some sells, most doesn’t. Then I relist with a slightly lower price, and keep repeating until it’s all gone. However, often I will list something at a price, it won’t sell, I reduce the price and relist, it doesn’t sell again so I reduce the price again and relist and then the bidding goes way over the first price, I’ll never explain that.

beej
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is it just me, or is he being a little optimistic with the asking price?’ is closed to new replies.