Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Is it just me or does anyone else hate their iPhone?
  • sok

It’s not just the camera for me, it’s the whole thing. It drives me mad. Jack of all trades, master of none.
    The two things I want it to do the most, text and call (it is a phone afterall), it’s terrible at. At least every other call cuts out and texting is such a faff that my friends now think I’m being curt as my texts have become so short.
    My other half loves his and tells me I want too much from it. But as this is my first ever smart phone surely my expectations are fairly low?
    The best thing about it is the ability to see my two work diaries alongside my personal one. In my view that’s a sad reflection of my life as well as my phone.

Jamie
    Free Member

Count Zero will be along shortly.

flatfish
    Free Member

I hate mine too

Stoner
    Free Member

Android Phone Purchase Fail 😉

damo2576
    Free Member

I don’t have one but both me and my wife hate hers.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I hate the way everyone admires mine when I display it on the desk/table for all to see.

Stoner
    Free Member

Whole meetings can be lost to people oggling the iPhone on the desk thing.

ski
    Free Member

I wish they did a cut down version, say the same size as the old style ipod Nano.

STATO
    Free Member

I dont have a problem with calls cutting out (is your a 4?).
    My dad has one now and his texts have become mini novels he finds it so much easier to use, previously youd be lucky if his messages were readable on any of his old phones.

I do have a serious problem with my 4 and its inconsistency when loading websites. Sometimes it will just sit there trying to load, even with full signal, and getting nothing. Ive taken to turning the 3G off and just using edge in the office as clearly the ‘full bars’ i get dosnt extend to 3G. Very annoying.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Slight hijack, but I’ve tried on several occasions to talk about the limitations of my iPad on here. It always gets the same over-protective reaction:

“I love it and have no issues when browsing online. I don’t need Flash etc.”

GrahamS

At least every other call cuts out

What network? Fine on O2 here. Though I’ll admit the call quality isn’t always fantastic, especially across bluetooth in the car, but to be honest I hardly ever use it for making calls.

..texting is such a faff that my friends now think I’m being curt as my texts have become so short.

Eh?? My texts have got longer and longer since getting an iPhone as I’m now able to use a QWERTY keyboard instead of a dumbphone keypad – I can only assume you’re doing it wrong 😀

Milkie
    Free Member

Mines fine, especially now it’s Jailbroken. Custom keyboards, messaging apps, themes, sounds and addons.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I just hate everyone elses. 😀

spacemonkey

Been living under any nice bridges lately?

warton
    Free Member

I love mine tbh. But i have noticed calls dropping more other the last 2 weeks or so.

As a footnote I don’t really mind no flash on it, i don’t watch that much video content on it, but I will not buy an iPad until there is flash on that.

sok

GlitterGary – agree. I think the most annoying thing about it’s crap-ness is that everyone else thinks it’s great.

I do have a 4. I’m constantly having to switch it off as it won’t download my emails or websites properly even when I have a good signal or wi-fi. It’s not a signal quality issue that makes it cut out, I tend to have good signal (although won’t get started with the annoyance about when my T-mobile ‘conveniently’ changes to Orange and won’t change back meaning I don’t get 3G; that’s a network thing).

GrahamS – I probably am doing it wrong; maybe I should resort to text speak and stop showing my age by wanting to construct intelligible texts.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Love mine. Not had any issues texting or dropping calls. My iPad is also awesome too.

spacemonkey

I do have a 4. I’m constantly having to switch it off as it won’t download my emails or websites properly even when I have a good signal or wi-fi. It’s not a signal quality issue that makes it cut out, I tend to have good signal (although won’t get started with the annoyance about when my T-mobile ‘conveniently’ changes to Orange and won’t change back meaning I don’t get 3G; that’s a network thing).

Where did you get the phone from? Maybe it’s a duffer?

Have had my 4 since Sep and rebooted it twice. Practically everything I “do” is on my phone so to me it’s an incredibly capable/resourceful/stable device. End of.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Ownership of an iphone isn’t compulsory. Maybe sell it and buy a phone (one that does texting and calling) instead?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yep, I hate your iPhone, and possibly hate you a little bit too. Although admittedly you’ve gone up in my estimation for starting this thread.

convert

Old 3g (found in bin and brought back to life!)here.

I have no issues with phone calls (on virgin mobile sim only) – better reception than previous phones in fact.

Texting is a joy – making threads out of texts with the same person, speed of entering (you are turning it on its side to type with a bigger keypad?) makes it so much better an experience than previous normal phones.

I have to say I regard it as a mini computer in my pocket as much as a phone though. I use it as much for checking email, the news, the weather, perusing memory map os mapping, listening to music and audiobook, iplayer or internet radio. It would be weird not having this sort of stuff available in my pocket again.

I’d happily upgrade to an iphone 4 or the next one when it comes along for a better battery, GPS and camera but in comparison to the free one I have the gazzilions I’d have to spend would be better spent on something more real life – it is only a bit of plastic and getting too orgasmic about it would be a bit sad.

STATO
    Free Member

I do have a 4. I’m constantly having to switch it off as it won’t download my emails or websites properly even when I have a good signal or wi-fi. It’s not a signal quality issue that makes it cut out, I tend to have good signal

I think the signal issue is an apple problem, the bars only show phone signal strength in my experience, so 3G signal could still be rubbish and unbelievably slow with full bars. However the Wifi issue sounds like a phone problem.

One thing id like them to fix is the lack of flexibility on where data comes from. Often my phone will pick up on a local Wifi thats not actually available for data download, meaning i have to turn Wifi off before it uses 3G and loads the content, annoying. It should be able to tell that its not getting any data from Wifi and switch to 3G automatically!

(although won’t get started with the annoyance about when my T-mobile ‘conveniently’ changes to Orange and won’t change back meaning I don’t get 3G; that’s a network thing).

Cant you turn off roaming?

GrahamS

I do have a 4. I’m constantly having to switch it off as it won’t download my emails or websites properly even when I have a good signal or wi-fi.

Sounds fecked. The only time mine ever gets switched off is when iTunes is upgrading the software – other than that it is on all the time. Email arrives fine.

Have you tried just killing all the background apps (double click and kill)? In my experience sometimes a background app can carry on hogging the internet connection which can make loading websites a bit slow.

GrahamS – I probably am doing it wrong; maybe I should resort to text speak and stop showing my age by wanting to construct intelligible texts.

On the contrary, the full keyboard and spell checker on the iPhone (or any smartphone really) means it is far better suited to writing intelligible sentences compared to getting thumbache on a 12-key dumbphone.

I’m not being a fanboi – I really don’t see what is “a faff” about the texting on it.

DavidB
    Free Member

I have the same problem with my Android Nexus One

I hate it. Screen is inconsistent, keyboard rubbish, texting impossible, calls dropped loads and sometimes it it just refuses to answer one. The only thing I like is the wifi hotspot capability. I’m seriously considering going retro back to a phone that is designed to take calls and text…oh and has a battery life longer than a day.

jam-bo

its not perfect but its a damn sight better than anything that has gone before.

I remember my first smartphone (n95) and the two are worlds apart.

Jamie
    Free Member

Although admittedly you’ve gone up in my estimation for starting this thread.

Problem is you have now gone down in mine for appreciating the OP more.*

*Only by about 0.1%, so it is a negligible rate of loss in the real world.

Stoner
    Free Member

I’m not being a fanboi

snaarrrffff. Mr Graham-steve-jobs-is-my-lover-S

😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*checks app*

Jamie assuming that’s a monthly rate of attrition for man love I reckon I’ve got another 20 yrs before I’m on the cusp of being on your ‘dislike’ list.

GrahamS

snaarrrffff. Mr Graham-steve-jobs-is-my-lover-S

I see the faults – I’m not getting all CountZero about it. 🙂 But I honestly don’t see texting as a bad point – I think the texting on it is really good.

My only criticism of texting is when I get text notification while I’m playing a game or whatever, it would be nice if I could just quickly reply without swapping to the full texting app.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Just got a Desire to replace my Nokia 5800 – I’m finding the whole Android thing slightly meh, sat nav via Google maps is reet poopy compared to Nokia too

McHamish
    Free Member

I don’t browse for new apps anymore so I guess the novelty has worn off and I have the apps I use/need.

The iPhone is the only phone where I haven’t started coveting the latest phones on the market before my contract expires. So I guess I’m happy with it.

The next phone I get will probably be the iPhone 5…but I would like better storage on it so I can do away with my iPod.

I’m not an Apple fanboi…I bought a Macbook once, kept it for a week and took it back. Ended up buying a better Windows based laptop for less money.

kimbers

2 mates with iphone4s have problems with them dropping calls and cutting out only at home though , definately a signal problem
    they are much quicker than my wildfire and a bit more intuitive to use saying that not worth it for the poor phone functionality vs price imho

Jamie
    Free Member

My only criticism of texting is when I get text notification while I’m playing a game or whatever, it would be nice if I could just quickly reply without swapping to the full texting app.

sok

Glad to hear that I’m not the only one. I know that people with them, love them, and that most people without them hate them (and their owners), I just didn’t know anyone else who had one but didn’t like it.

Where did you get the phone from? Maybe it’s a duffer?

[quote]Sounds fecked.[/quote] Plan A send it back to Apple.

Ownership of an iphone isn’t compulsory. Maybe sell it and buy a phone (one that does texting and calling) instead?

That’s plan B. I’m hoping the proceeds will fund a GPS that I actually can actually use on the trails and a phone that will be reliable in an emergency.

GrahamS

Nice. Yeah like that Jamie, but I really can’t be arsed jailbreaking it again.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

If the two most important things are calls and txting, you really can’t beat a cheapo Nokia.

Robust, decent keyboard (usually) and battery lasts 1-2 weeks rather than 1-2 days.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nice. Yeah like that Jamie, but I really can’t be arsed jailbreaking it again.

New JB for 4.3.1 came out last week and real easy to do.

To be honest if I could not jailbreak my phone and run stuff like BiteSMS, Snappy, SBSettings etc I dunno if I would keep my iPhone.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

My works fine.

GrahamS

That’s plan B. I’m hoping the proceeds will fund a GPS that I actually can actually use on the trails

Erm.. so what’s wrong with the iPhone GPS now?

Wookster

Nope like mine now the blackberry is a fu##ing bar-steward of a machine been given one by work it’s like an iPhone but crap!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Is it just me or does anyone else hate their iPhone?’ is closed to new replies.