Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Is it just me…….
  • Jackass123456789
    Free Member

….or has Chain Reaction got worse over the last few years?

I have been buying a fair few parts the last few weeks and been buying from various shops, classifieds and even ebay. Most of the stuff I have ordered has either arrived next day or within 48 hours.
    Ordered the last few parts I needed from CRC on Sunday evening, had an email saying my order had been completed on Tuesday and I still haven't had my order. Now I know that RM are likely to be blamed here as CRC have so called posted it but it seems odd that everything else I've ordered has been arrived and this hasn't.

I'd never expect to order somethig on a Monday and still be waiting on Friday for it when it's all in stock.

Annoying when you'd planned to ride the weekend as well and can't now cos of it 🙁

aaaannnnddddd credit where credit is due, for all the bad press Superstar get for their products their postage times can't be faulted and you get a free bag of sweeties!

nickegg
    Free Member

This must have something to do with it all having to come from Ireland. Once it's left CRC they are powerless.

Edit: Superstars bad rep stems from (mostly) some dodgy brake pads years ago that some refuse to forget about. I have 2 pairs of their nano-tech pedals that have been faultless.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

z

ahwiles
    Free Member

is it just me, or have CRC been on top form of late…?

i've placed a few orders recently, all been delivered very quickly – place an order tuesday, it's here by friday at the latest…

seems quick enough to me.

shedfull
    Free Member

+1

Lots ordered – big boxes arrive – everything good.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ordered two lots of stuff from them last week. Second lot arrived earlier this week. Not even had a mail to say the first lot has been sent yet, even though it was supposedly in stock.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have had no problems with them.

That said, if I really need something to get the bike moving before the weekend I buy it from a shop, so delivery times don't genuinely bother me.

highclimber
    Free Member

I have ordered many items off them and I would have to say that they are generally pretty quick though there have been times when I have waited a bit longer than expected. I guess that just the nature of their business – you can't anticpate when it will be busy and you can't always tell what is happening with your item when it has been passed to the mailman!

I certainly wouldn't hesitate ordering from them again on the back of my last item taking a little longer than I wanted!

timc
    Free Member

FFS, get a life

deluded
    Free Member

I've ordered a fair bit of kit from them over the last four or so years and they've been faultless.

khani
    Free Member

You can track your order from crc in your account page if its been despached or see if its still being processed
    Not had any problems with any orders iv placed recently

RealMan
    Free Member

I stopped using CRC when they stole around £400 out of my bank account and took a month and loads of emails to give it back. No apology, no free vouchers, nothing. Horrible service, and most stuff is cheaper elsewhere.

nickegg
    Free Member

How on earth are they able to take funds from your bank account?

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

FFS, get a life

I think I can be a little annoyed if my order hasn't arrived after ordering it 5 days ago and I can't ride because of it. I work all week and enjoy biking at the weekend and get annoyed when things stop me from doing that especially when I have ordered other parts from other companies later than this order and they have arrived.

I think people who post meaningless responses to people postings need to get a life.

BigDummy
    Free Member

they stole around £400 out of my bank account

Wiggle sexually abused my girlfriend. And Merlin Cycles made fun of my cat.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Never had any issue with CRC been using them a lot over last 3 years. Delivery is always prompt.

TBH never had any issues with CRC, Wiggle, Superstar, Merlin or On-One.

timc
    Free Member

I think I can be a little annoyed if my order hasn't arrived after ordering it 5 days ago and I can't ride because of it. I work all week and enjoy biking at the weekend and get annoyed when things stop me from doing that especially when I have ordered other parts from other companies later than this order and they have arrived.

I think people who post meaningless responses to people postings need to get a life.

Well pay for Guaranteed fast delivery then, simple isn't it!

Moaning about postal delivery, what's the point…

sc-xc

nickegg – Member
    Edit: Superstars bad rep stems from (mostly) some dodgy brake pads years ago that some refuse to forget about.

errr…the bad rep about Superstar is down to Neil/Fruit/Tango acting like a tit here and pretending to be other people to slag competitors off. I have used his brake pads in the past, but wouldn't dream of giving him any business in the future. Nothing to do with the product, everything to do with him being an arsehole.

RealMan
    Free Member

Wiggle sexually abused my girlfriend.

But knowing wiggle, she probably enjoyed it

MussEd
    Free Member

Nah – ordered some stuff on Wednesday morning, delivered today. Not as fast as Superstar mind!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Wiggle sexually abused my girlfriend. And Merlin Cycles made fun of my cat.

UK Bikestore said my Momma was a ho.

MrTall
    Free Member

CRC are still generally very good i find, though slightly slower than they once were. I used to get 90%+ of my orders next day from them but it's now mostly 48 hrs. Still more than acceptable.

My order from them yesterday was apparently my 93rd in the last 5 years ………

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Is it just me…….’ is closed to new replies.