Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is it just me?
  • nick3216
    Free Member

My sub redirection just arrived. Oh look. Another bivvy article! What’s that, 3rd in 4 issues? I expect that sort of regularity/lack of imagination from vanity websites and niche fanzines not something with a cover price.

And the third review in two issues of a stiff carbon crankset aimed at XC whippets equipped with flat pedals. Admittedly this month it’s not so silly as the review of the FSA K Force Mega Exos from Issue 65. To refresh your memories it says “While these are certainly stiff cranks I don’t genuinely think I can feel them to be any stiffer than chainsets costing less than half the price” next to a picture of the offending pedals. Classic.

Maybe I’m just being picky but if I had to choose whether to part with nigh on a fiver for each issue instead of it just landing automatically on the doorstep I’d be walking out of the newsagent empty handed this month.

sofatester
    Free Member

2/10

– No random capitals
    – Good spelling and punctuation
    – Lack of swear words

Must try harder.

soulwood
    Free Member

I’d agree with you on the bivvy article. I have read the previous ones not out of an interest to do a bivvy, but more for the experience they convey to me. I know what sleeping outside would be like for me, 2-3 hours of fitful sleep on rock hard ground waking with god knows how many insect bites. And then go mountain biking? I’d rather go home and get some decent sleep.

iain1775
    Free Member

So cancel your sub then
    Simple
    Find an alternative bike mag that doesn’t repeat itself every week
    Maybe not so simple

At least ST repeats arnt just reprints of bike reviews

toys19
    Free Member

Or just don’t buy magazines, they are crap.

pastcaring
    Free Member

whether to part with nigh on a fiver for each issue instead of it just landing automatically on the doorstep I’d be walking out of the newsagent empty handed this month.

most months!

i wont be renewing my P account…

nick3216
    Free Member

Apparently not.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/whats-the-best-article-youve-read-in-st-and-why#post-2824315

TBH I get annoyed by the constant disparity between Daves words and his actions anyway so I tend to blip right over his articles.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is it just me?’ is closed to new replies.