Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)
  • Is it fair to kick a dog in the teeth when they try to bite you when riding?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

superfli, horses charging and trying to stamp you? not good.

One of those OMG, WTF AARRGGGHHHH!!! moments.

The thing that really get’s me is the smarmy look that a lot of the dog owners give you, they know what the dog is like and figure you’re fair game.

Then a swift kick and a yelp later, all of a sudden you’re the one in the wrong.

If the dog is lunging forward, it’s hackles are up and it’s teeth a bared, just give it a good kick! in the teeth of the throat, make sure it and the owner get the message, too many riders are getting bitten and nothing is getting done about it.

FAIL
    Free Member

To answer the OP: if you really think its going to bite then swing away. Then have a moan at its stupid owner.

hels
    Free Member

Cats can so be trained. But only to do things they want to do…

Had a couple of dogs running at us growling showing teeth etc in Spain out on road bikes past a big commercial greenhouse. Kick them ??? Are you insane – we sprinted like Cipollini. They were catching us too, but then somebody came by in a car and drove at them which was lucky as I was in about zone 54 by then.

So no, don’t kick them, go home and get the car.

Teapot
    Free Member

Did the dog have a bottle or does it know karate?

yunki
    Free Member

Is it fair to kick a dog in the teeth when they try to bite you when riding?

Only if you intend to eat it afterwards

donsimon
    Free Member

Teapot – Member

Did the dog have a bottle or does it know karate?

Or just a bottle of Hai Karate?

Re OP, why not just dismount and not appear threatening to the dog. works for me, I never have problems.

intode_void
    Free Member

Yep it’s totally ok to kick it, or hit it with a stick or bash it with a brick, a German Shepherd has a bite force of around 240lbs psi, try getting bitten and then see how your attitude changes.
    For me its a case of defend myself from the land-shark 1st, worry about the owner 2nd and the dogs health 3rd.
    My scorecard is currently Dog 0 – Me 1 and thats the way I’d like it to stay.

juan
    Free Member

Funny how dog owners on here appears to be plonkers of all sorts. I bet they like their **** dog more then children.
    You dog run at me barking or teeth bare I don’t care how much you love it. I’ll get a shoeing. I am not going to let me bitten by a dog because owner cant keep it on a lead.

supertackey
    Free Member

you need to do whatever it takes to stop a dog biting you whilst on a ride! if you buzz its face with a fast spinning back tyre it normaly works. at the end of the day its up to the dog owner to control thier dog.

Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Is it fair to kick a dog in the teeth when they try to bite you when riding?’ is closed to new replies.