Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Is it Autumn?
  • onehundredthidiot

Yesterday was a treat warm ride up the Duchess drive Minch Moor Road then along to the 3 brethren. Home and dogs walked in sunshine. Just sitting down to a cuppa when the heavens opened roads flooded, quite damp.
    No brambles yet in fact there’s some tale end raspberries and the blaeberries are perfect.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

When you have to go out in miserable weather, it’s often not that bad, but when it’s optional it can be tricky to overcome the prospect of getting wet.

Just make sure you don’t ride a carbon bike in the rain. 😉

donald
    Free Member

We had a flock of geese going over the house last night 🙁

MrOvershoot

donald – Member

We had a flock of geese going over the house last night

Yes the other morning I heard the formation call of geese & then last night a perfect V formation came over the garden, I did comment to the wife “its a sign autumn is on its way”

Then I had to drive to Bristol & back from Cheshire today and most of the Midlands section was 13deg & raining 🙁

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve changed my mind – whilst I every fibre of my being says that the seasons are a set thing and the only way to tell is by consulting the calendar, I now realise that nature doesn’t always play ball and it’s indeed autumn.

Still… only 200 days till Spring, supposedly, who knows anymore! The Sun’s position relative to the Earth seems to have less of an effect on our seasons than before.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

It was summer-like at 0630 this morning, temp already ~19C, was lovely blue sky but now warm and overcast.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Is it Autumn?’ is closed to new replies.