Is it actually possible to speak to a PERSON on ANY phone these days??

Home Forum Chat Forum Is it actually possible to speak to a PERSON on ANY phone these days??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Is it actually possible to speak to a PERSON on ANY phone these days??
  • Text them innit PP. 😛

Or tweet them.

#pickupyourfunkingphone

I always go through to their sales line as you’re definately going to get a person then and quick smart. Sometimes they throw me back into the system as soon as they realise i’m not buying anything, but more often than not they’ll deal with my enquiry.

#ninjaeditbyDD

😉

jekkyl

You’re phoning people who work in office and expect them to answer? ring their desk phone so they can look like they’re working.

BUT if you’re phoning a woman it’s a well known fact that women never answer their mobile. Going shopping with the wife, split up to look at different stuff in Debenhams, ‘ring me when you’re done’ says the wife. I’m waiting at the entrance 30 mins later fuming, the wife comes wondering over, ‘why didn’t you ring me’ she says ‘I HAVE BEEN DOING’ I spit. She pulls the phone from the bottom of her huge bag ‘Oh it’s been on silent and I have 14 missed calls from you’ ‘Agghhhhhh’

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

Private number at their end? As that usually means sales call I’ll not answer unless I’m expecting a call

cybicle

Funny isn’t it; in an age of increased communication, it’s actually harder to communicate with someone.

La la la…

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

Are you calling from an office/ shared line?

Try calling your own mobile and see how the number comes up – a lot of business landlines show up as private/withheld number. People tend to be a bit wary about answering on the basis that its usually marketing spam so they let private numbers go to answer phone to filter out the crap.

Premier Icon Nobby
    Subscriber

If they’re using iPhones it’s unlikely they have a signal.

konabunny

I rarely answer my phone: it’s easier if people focus their thoughts and email me instead of calling me up for a mad ramble about nonsense.

LoCo

Puts Poddy on divert 😉

AdamW

We screen our calls now – we get about 5-6 PPI/crap calls a day and we’re sick of asking them to stop calling. And the TPS is absolute bobbins as the calls tend to originate abroad.

cybicle

If they’re using iPhones it’s unlikely they have a signal.

That, and the battery will have gone flat.

trail_rat

probably on giffgaff – your calls not actually been connected.

PeterPoddy

Cheers LoCo….. 😛

Private number at their end? A

Nope. The number of the shop where they left their bike to be repaired.

Anyway, 5th call today was the first time I got through to a person.

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

Mine is permanently on silent so 99% of calls just go to VM. I prefer it that way.

stumpy01

Yeah, my mobile is on silent at work as people get a bit stuffy here about personal phones ringing. So, unless I am sat at my desk I will miss the call.
    And even then, if I don’t recognise a number I generally ignore it unless it’s got a dialling code local to where I live. Otherwise I’d end up answering no end of PPI/phone upgrade calls.

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

No signal in our office, well enough for me to pick up the call before it drops out when I move >1cm!

Subscriber

Nope. The number of the shop where they left their bike to be repaired.

In that case you’re calling people in the middle of their working day for a non-work conversation. If they recoginise the number they can guess the call is going to be ‘its ready to collect’ so no reason to stop what they’re doing to answer.

PeterPoddy

Oh they have signals and battery power. It rings out before going to message.

PeterPoddy

In that case you’re calling people in the middle of their working day for a non-work conversation. If they recoginise the number they can guess the call is going to be ‘its ready to collect’ so no reason to stop what they’re doing to answer.

So I should let it ring once and hang up then?
    A lot if the time it’s something like (as happened today) “we won’t service your bike as there’s a fault with the frame and you should take it back to the original supplier under warranty”
    So they should answer, really….. 🙂

PeterPoddy

Double post

PeterPoddy

I don’t mean automated systems from big businesses, I mean people’s personal phones.
    I make lots of calls from work and I seriously think around 80% of them go straight to message. I’ve just rung 4 customers. Left a message with all of them. Arrrrggghhhhh.
    And yet the thing is people CONSTANTLY mess with their phones, you see it everywhere, but no ****er picks up when you call them.
    Maybe people just hate me. I’m starting to get paranoid.

Subscriber

So I should let it ring once and hang up then?

no – just leave a message – if they’re working there’s nothing they can do there and then.

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

I don’t know why, but I HATE it when people call me. If my phone rings, I more often than not just ignore it.

I think, though, very honestly, it’s because there are so many ways of getting ahold of me, I feel every day like I am suffering communication overload.

hooli

I dont like being called either, would far rather have a text or email.

Think that comes from years of IT support when the phone ringing means nothing but problems.

cybicle

Double post

Is that the forum equivalent of accidentally arse-dialling the last person you rang?

bikebouy

I stick my phone on divert during office hours, only ever Headhunter/RecAgy types tryin to place me in some wierd/wonderfull/expnasive/well paid role they have..

#fingersinears

😆

Serious mode…

Why don’t you set up a texting system from the work PC then PP?

Automatic send out could be “Your bike will be ready to collect from xxxxhrs. Regards, Podditastic Bike Bodgery ” or “There are issues with your bike service which we need to discuss, please contact us at [number] to discuss.”, etc etc. I’ve no idea how you set something like this up, but at least your client will get a message and you waste less time.

jon1973

BUT if you’re phoning a woman it’s a well known fact that women never answer their mobile. Going shopping with the wife, split up to look at different stuff in Debenhams, ‘ring me when you’re done’ says the wife. I’m waiting at the entrance 30 mins later fuming, the wife comes wondering over, ‘why didn’t you ring me’ she says ‘I HAVE BEEN DOING’ I spit. She pulls the phone from the bottom of her huge bag ‘Oh it’s been on silent and I have 14 missed calls from you’ ‘Agghhhhhh’

After years of this, my general line is; “come and find me in HMV when your finished”

grahamg

9 times out of 10, if someone rings me on the mobile whilst at work, I’ll miss it because I’m on the landline or dealing with someone in person.

You can phone me if you like PP I have 25 minutes before the next ‘death by conference call’ experience. It would be nice to talk to someone sensible you I enjoy listening to.

DakarRider

Why don’t you set up a texting system from the work PC then PP?

Automatic send out could be “Your bike will be ready to collect from xxxxhrs. Regards, Podditastic Bike Bodgery ” or “There are issues with your bike service which we need to discuss, please contact us at [number] to discuss.”, etc etc. I’ve no idea how you set something like this up, but at least your client will get a message and you waste less time.

Darcy has it right. If you work where I remember then your EPOS has just been enabled for SMS…please call the support line for more info.

nealglover

“There are issues with your bike service which we need to discuss, please contact us at [number] to discuss.”, etc etc.

He hasn’t got time to be answering the phone all day …. He’s got work to do! ….

Ah. I see. 🙂

He never rang me 🙁

Sui

Lol at jekyl that is so true 😀

Premier Icon ransos
    Subscriber

We screen our calls now – we get about 5-6 PPI/crap calls a day and we’re sick of asking them to stop calling

Save the numbers into your phonebook and set your phone so calls from those numbers go directly to voicemail. They soon give up…

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Some people do jobs where they can’t sit by the phone waiting to answer.

PeterPoddy

It happened again today. 6 people to phone, every one rang out to message.
    I’m beginning to think I’m the only person left who answers his phone.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Is it actually possible to speak to a PERSON on ANY phone these days??’ is closed to new replies.