Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Is it a Super Bruni button?
  • Premier Icon matt_outandabout

What’s the tech that Ohlins are hiding here on Bruni’s bike?

I’m betting some kind of ‘push to sprint’ button.

Either that or the thrunge capacitor start button.

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/bike-check-loic-brunis-specialized-demo.html

Premier Icon ta11pau1

ohlins electronic damping probably, with the switch on the bar to swap modes.

Also, wheel weights! :O

Premier Icon CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Left hand grip has a wire coming from it, so electronic damping most likely.

Excellent use of the word thrunge, though.

Premier Icon sharkattack
    Free Member

I just posted this in the Maribor thread. I reckon it’s one of these,

Premier Icon ta11pau1

A motorbike shock? Doubtful…

Premier Icon nickc

Electronic lock out fro sprints?

Premier Icon dc1988
    Free Member

There’s a flat sprint section and a whoop section that a compression switch might help with

Premier Icon sharkattack
    Free Member

A motorbike shock? Doubtful…

Well Duh. But see the wires going to the motorised adjusters? Definitely an mtb version of handlebar mounted settings switcher.

Like when you press the sport button in your Audi to save a few tenths on the way to the business centre.

Premier Icon ta11pau1

Won’t be as complex as the motorbike one though, they have central SCU’s which use take information from the throttle/brakes/engine etc and constantly adapts the suspension damping based on what the bike is doing.

As above though, very likely to be a switchable damping mode. An electronic climb/pedal switch effectively. Because the list thing you want to be doing in the middle of a DH race run is fumbling for a pedal switch on the shock 😀 and ohlins have the tech to do it electronically.

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

Testing the latest useless item to take your money from you ?

Premier Icon snotrag

Definitely lockout – pushed it going into, and off, the flat fire road sprint. I made a point of Watching for it.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s a small pizza oven.

Premier Icon jamesfts
    Free Member

Bruni defo presses something just inside of his grip with his right hand at the end of the flat pedal section in his race run so imagine that’s some sort of electronic lockout/damping adjustment?

Premier Icon ayjaydoubleyou
    Free Member

Bruni defo presses something just inside of his grip with his right hand at the end of the flat pedal section in his race run so imagine that’s some sort of electronic lockout/damping adjustment?

noticed that bit too. Is it a simple lockout/stiffener for the fireroad sprint, or is it more complex?

Just before the fire road was the big rock garden, just after, the fresh cut rooty bit with potential for double/triple jumping some bits.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.