Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Is football big enough?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

…to show some grown up behaviour?

So Feb 11 is L’pool vs Man U. How about managers together with Suarez and Evra making a public statement of apology. Meet on the pitch together, (poss agree to differ), apologise, shake hands and move on.

This is not to justify Sepp Blatter in any way (before another racism argument starts) merely to show that they all have some balls!

BoardinBob

😆

donsimon
    Free Member

I think that both should be banned the the FA could Twitter about it. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Are you hunting trolls, THM? 🙂

hilldodger
    Free Member

Yay, we could do our own stw version as well – fans of both teams posting messages of support and solidarity to the cause of fairplay and sportspersonship………….

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Invite the Lawrence family and Diane Abbot as well…

Garry_Lager

Public statement of apology? It is to laugh.

Would expect to see a handshake between Suarez and Evra though. Tbh that would probably be the best thing rather than have the whole sorry affair rumble on with position statements and official apologies. It’s case closed now.

binners

I thought the question was going to be “Is football big enough?….

for two dour, miserable, moaning, Scottish ****s in possession of massive chips on their shoulders, and a totally paranoid persecution complex?

clearly not 😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Not intentionally Captain. Just wishful thinking that supposed grown ups (all round) could act their ages. Oops that sounds a bit inflammatory but isn’t meant to be. It was a serious point.

loum
    Free Member

Grow up.

loum
    Free Member

No, you grow up.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it would be nice but it is as likely as this happening in stw or someone accepting that someone else may actually have a point

Given the climate I would be happy for th game to pass without racist chanting at evra if he plays [ that is a dig at football fans not scousers]

16stonepig
    Free Member

You have a point there, Junky

legend
    Free Member

Scottish ****s

Racist

binners

At the end of the day, United v Liverpool is always an…. ahem… ‘fiesty’ affair. And that’s a good thing. A bit of pasion in what can be a very bland premiership. Though it rarely delivers good football. Just lots of cards.

This whole thing will just add to it. Unfortunately there are elements in both teams support who insist on taking the level of terrace chants down to disgraceful levels. You know the ones I’m on about. I’d like to see that being properly addressed. The clubs taking it seriously. People getting lifetime bans from the grounds, etc.

Suarez has been made an example of. Maybe making an example of a few ‘Fans’ in conjunction would be a good idea

joao3v16
    Free Member

Scottish ****s

Racist

Is ‘Scottish’ a race now?

😉

binners

No – Its a state of mind 😉

legend
    Free Member

Is ‘Scottish’ a race now?

Must be, didn’t someone (Clarkson?) end up in the papers for being Welshist?

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is a nationality so yes as is welsh

joao3v16
    Free Member

Nationality does not = Race

But we’re digressing from the point of the thread. Apologies.

I think it would be a positive gesture for a low-key shake hands and move on from the two players.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What is racial discrimination?
    The 1976 Race Relations Act makes it unlawful for an employer to discriminate against you on racial grounds. Race includes:
    colour
    nationality
    ethnic or national origins
    Under the Act, it doesn’t matter if the discrimination is done on purpose or not. What counts is whether (as a result of an employer’s actions) you are treated unfavourably because of your race.
    The Race Relations Act protects all racial groups, regardless of their race, colour, nationality, or national or ethnic origins.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ResolvingWorkplaceDisputes/DiscriminationAtWork/DG_10026667

to be fair I thought as you did but i googled before posting 😉

portlyone

Why does Evra need to be singled out? They’ll be the normal handshake between the teams anyway.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Is football big enough?’ is closed to new replies.