Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • IS calliper to 74mm PM fork – why doesn't the Hope adaptor work?
  • hamishthecat
    Free Member

Trying to fit XTR 965 IS calliper to 74mm post mount fork. Have the Hope adaptor for this which includes +20mm disc size – and the calliper is too far out so the pad is only about 3mm onto the disc (180mm).

From a web search it looks as though I need A2Z adaptor AD-PMF74 – but why doesn't the Hope one work?

clubber
    Free Member

Sounds like you may have a rear adaptor on the front

mieszko
    Free Member

I've got the A2Z one and You can have it for £7 posted. Red and worked fine to put my set of IS Martas on a Post Mount Bomber XC500 with a 180 xt rotor…

Mike
    Free Member

Sounds like you've It the wrong way round, as I'm running the same set up fine…fire up a pic If you can?

Mike
    Free Member

Or, just a thought…It's deffo a front IS caliper you have and not a rear?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

It's definitely a front adaptor. I don't think you can fit it upside down. It looks a bit as though I just needed IS to PM without the +20mm. I'll try and post a pic now.

mieszko – thanks for the offer – may take you up on it if that is what I need.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

This what it looks like:

Mike
    Free Member

Now I see your problem…your forks are Magura Thors right? If so, they're spaced for a 7" rotor without any adaptors, rather than the usual 6" so you'll have to run a 200 or 8" rotor with your set up

The A2Z adaptor will do the same thing as the Hope one…

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Yep, Thors. Thanks for confirming that – I was coming round to that conclusion. Cheers HTC.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I'm presently suffering the same problem trying to fit an 8" rotor to my Thors.
    The bloody Hope adaptor clashes with the Hope M4 caliper!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘IS calliper to 74mm PM fork – why doesn't the Hope adaptor work?’ is closed to new replies.