IS calliper to 74mm PM fork – why doesn't the Hope adaptor work?

Home Forum Bike Forum IS calliper to 74mm PM fork – why doesn't the Hope adaptor work?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • IS calliper to 74mm PM fork – why doesn't the Hope adaptor work?
  • Trying to fit XTR 965 IS calliper to 74mm post mount fork. Have the Hope adaptor for this which includes +20mm disc size – and the calliper is too far out so the pad is only about 3mm onto the disc (180mm).

From a web search it looks as though I need A2Z adaptor AD-PMF74 – but why doesn't the Hope one work?

clubber

Sounds like you may have a rear adaptor on the front

mieszko

I've got the A2Z one and You can have it for £7 posted. Red and worked fine to put my set of IS Martas on a Post Mount Bomber XC500 with a 180 xt rotor…

Mike

Sounds like you've It the wrong way round, as I'm running the same set up fine…fire up a pic If you can?

Mike

Or, just a thought…It's deffo a front IS caliper you have and not a rear?

It's definitely a front adaptor. I don't think you can fit it upside down. It looks a bit as though I just needed IS to PM without the +20mm. I'll try and post a pic now.

mieszko – thanks for the offer – may take you up on it if that is what I need.

This what it looks like:

Mike

Now I see your problem…your forks are Magura Thors right? If so, they're spaced for a 7" rotor without any adaptors, rather than the usual 6" so you'll have to run a 200 or 8" rotor with your set up

The A2Z adaptor will do the same thing as the Hope one…

Yep, Thors. Thanks for confirming that – I was coming round to that conclusion. Cheers HTC.

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

I'm presently suffering the same problem trying to fit an 8" rotor to my Thors.
    The bloody Hope adaptor clashes with the Hope M4 caliper!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘IS calliper to 74mm PM fork – why doesn't the Hope adaptor work?’ is closed to new replies.