Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Is anyone (UK based) riding tomorrow?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

It looks like pretty much the whole of the UK is in for a battering tomorrow. Is anyone braving a bike ride?

Akers

Forecast here in the south east of England is windy but dry. If you’re riding in the woods the wind is barely noticable.

oldnpastit

Cambridgeshire is showing 0.1mm of rain. I think I might go out in that, but I have to walk the dogs first.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dknwhy

Yep. Another in the south east. Local ride in the woods for me first thing before hitting the Great British Beer Fest in London.

jimdubleyou

We’re driving to France tomorrow, thankfully on the chunnel, not a ferry

swanny853

Brighton big dog. Not missed one yet. Not planning on it either.

P-Jay
    Free Member

We’re flying, erm fingers crossed.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Fun commute tomorrow morning, heading west into a 24-43mph south westerly… I might try and give myself an extra minute. Hometime tailwind should be fun! 😀

DavidB
    Free Member

Zwift

scotroutes

Yep. Probably 30-40km round the local forests. There are a few tracks I want to check out for water damage.

anagallis_arvensis

I’ll be out on road bike.

Alphabet

I was thinking of going for a spin around Gisburn Forest but depends on how tired I feel in the morning (I’m still recovering from a heart op).

benpinnick

Gonna get my trousers on and hit the trails 🙂

linusr

South east is looking dry and windy. Gonna do part of the North Downs Way –> North Downs Way: Riding In The Shadow Of The Rat Race

pothead
    Free Member

1st whole weekend off work in months and forecast is 3 days of heavy rain and wind. Currently nowhere near as bad as forecast says so I’ll probably chance it at some point

kayak23

Fatbike. Unaffected by weather.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I might ride in to work in the morning as it’ll be a tail wind all the way there. My other half is at work as well so I’ll get her to pick me up for the commute home!

shermer75
    Free Member

Cycle camping in The Cotswolds, 40 mile an hour winds ahoy. Whoops!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Benpinnick, pffft, it’s still shorts weather. I reckon the rain has washed the mud away. Tomorrow morning for me before the thunderstorms forecast for the afternoon.

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe an hour or so in the afternoon if I can be arsed.

shermer75
    Free Member

Benpinnick, pffft, it’s still shorts weather

Taps aff!

carlos
    Free Member

Yup, out as usual. Heading into The Peak via Jacobs, then Edale, Jaggers, Lockerbrook, WLT then will make the rest up whilst out. Will hope to finish on a nice cheeky ridge back into Hayfield before brews and food in Rosie’s

It’s just like an early winter ride, but warmer

rOcKeTdOg

Riding to work

molgrips
    Free Member

Probably in the garage…

scotroutes

Ah well. Looks like we’re doing the Burma Road. In reverse.

Trimix
    Free Member

Out in the Chilterns for me and my misses.

keefmac

little local stuff round home, work off the hangover and be done before midday.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Closed the whole of cannock chase apparently. It’s not even breezy.

blacklabbikes
    Free Member

Having seen the wind this morning it’ll be a day in the workshop again. Dont like to play in the woods when trees will be falling

spacemonkey

Heading back from Kernow to the Surrey Alps in 30 mins. The wind had been insane all night. It appears conditions are somewhat calmer back home.

EDIT: Didn’t bring the bike but had I done so methinks I’d have avoided the plethora of 1 in 5 climbs in these parts.

zilog6128

On BBC breakfast news this morning, an “expert” mum is called in to discuss “structured play” and other such bollocks that you have to do inside when the weather is bad. “But you can just put on a coat and go outside can’t you?” says the presenter 😂. Mum & her two children look aghast. One of the kids actually says “No, it will make us ill” (WTF have these poor kids been told?!). “Nah, you’ll be fine” says the presenter, basically de-railing the whole point of the interview 😂😂

martinhutch

“Nah, you’ll be fine” says the presenter, basically de-railing the whole point of the interview

Was that Naga Munchetty? She’s great!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Also a fan of naga, there was a piece on football racism that I caught in the week and she was quality!

Bunnyhop

Yes been out today on our mtb tandem.
    Was sad to see how much damage the heavy rains have done to our local trails. But it will make descending quite interesting.

We did have a little ‘off’ going ‘up’ a steep cobbled path, because recent bad weather has made it as slippery as an ice rink.

iainc

Lovely warm road 25 mile ride round the back roads of Strathaven and Whitelee. No wind, dry roads, 23 degrees. Downpour 5 minutes after i got home 😜👍

rOcKeTdOg

Interesting commute, lots of tree debris and I only saw one car and the driver almost took me out on a roundabout. Tail wind there and back though!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Warm and moist in Inners. Moisture was all on the ground at least, hiding the roots in places. No wind though. Massive thunderstorm about 6pm once I got home.

Trimix
    Free Member

Out in the Chilterns today it rained leaves and twigs. Felt great and quite dramatic. Not many others about. Two roadies and no MTB riders. One hill was wind assisted, but mostly we were sheltered in the trees.

carlos
    Free Member

Well it wasng that bad after all. Did start as planned Hayfield, Jacob’s, Hollins Cross, Backtor Farm, Jaggers but at Hope Cross, decided on the Beast, climb back up, Spud Alley, climb back up, Win Hill to Ladybower, Aston, Hope, Castleton, Broken Road, Rushup, Roych, Coldwell Clough, Campsite. Felt the last few km’s of the 57km and 1900m

Rode in just a jersey as too hot for a jkt, it was a tad windy but great to be out.

Sadly Rosie’s cafe was shut, so popped over to The Whaley Bakehouse for a delicious sausage roll, chicken pie and decent coffee.

Bunnyhop

Carlos – that’s a big old ride.

We too ended up at The bakehouse Whaley (supportinglocal business after their traumatic time). But we had to go to The Old Hall, Chinley. As the Bakehouse was so busy and I needed to sit down and eat. We did however support The Bike Factory and got to chat to Fred Salmon.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Is anyone (UK based) riding tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.