Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Is anyone on here planning to vote UKIP?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Why do people want to be out of the European Union? Is because of the regulation of bananas thing?

@buzz
    – the EU was founded as a trade alliance, great love that. It has however morphed in to a political love fest (and gravy train). The euro has indeed tuned out to be he disaster the sceptics said it would be (I was not one of them). A number of the pillars of the EU such as free movement of people and the right to work no longer make sense given the way the EU has expanded.

Please explain.

@Pimp it was that you seemed to imply we had to be in the EU to enjoy the benefits of working abroad. The US and Australia aren’t racists because they have a work permit system are they ? Americans have to apply for a work permit to come to the UK, we have many 100,000’s of Americans here working and contributing to the professional and social fabric of the UK

teasel
    Free Member

It’s a pity there isn’t a responsible, realistic alternative to the usual suspects to vote for.

Exactly that.

Blackhound

I won’t be voting UKIP, and for no one else as it happens as I will be away.

I am 50+ and have some SAGA insurance. Today I got an online questionnaire to fill in. The results of the last one they did was included and was regarding voting intentions next week.

25% UKIP
    22% Tory
    13% Labour
    7% Lib Dems

Note the sample type, no idea of size, and 33% must be voting elsewhere, don’t know or not intending to vote.

A bit surprised UKIP was so high, though less so at Tory vote perhaps.
    As it is older people who tend to vote then UKIP could do ok.

I should say I would normally vote, I even voted for a Police Commissioner last year!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Green

bloodynora
    Free Member

Yes including most family members and workmates, all white working class types too, how dare they eh 🙂

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Protest vote? For Nazis?

What a crock of

senorj

No.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

In my opinion, they are ALL lying cheating thieving twits.

Replace i with a for full effect.

I said that on my Facebook page years ago, for a laugh, I didn’t realise how true it would become.

john

Too many rules already and the added interference can only benefits the bureaucrats which I don’t like

Understandable, and probably quite a common view, but in the last few months alone I can think of EU legislation on safer lorries, and legislation forcing publication of all pharmaceutical trials, not just the positive stiff, which has massive implications. And that’s without particularly looking or paying much attention. Compare that with the headline grabbing crap that UK governments of all flavours churn out near elections (or all the time, depending on how you look at it).

It might not get much attention, it might not be stuff that the general public are demanding, but just being EU legislation doesn’t automatically make it a bad thing.

chewkw
    Free Member

john – Member
    … but just being EU legislation doesn’t automatically make it a bad thing.

Yes, it is not a bad thing unfortunately that is precisely the fuel that power the the beast in the bureaucrats/zombie maggots. i.e. desire to “right” and as an excuse to do “right” when not much is wrong and can be solved at local level. Political correctness does not even come close put it this way. The larger the beast grows the more the ordinary reality is detached. Decisions made by the beast/zombie maggots are imposed “equally” across the member states on the pretext of equality regardless of whether they are needed or not.

The zombie maggots are turning into zombie beast.

😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It looks like voting for a bunch of fruitcakes, loonies, and closet racist, might be starting to lose its appeal after all. Or maybe the message concerning what UKIP really stands for is starting to get through ?

European elections: Tories leap ahead of Ukip

Labour is still in first place, but down one point to 29 per cent, the Conservatives are up four points to 26 per cent and Ukip has dropped two points to 25 per cent. The Liberal Democrats are on 7 per cent.

The opinion polls appear to vary widely at the moment although 2000 is a big sample.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Another green vote from me, round here is UKIP’s powerbase apparently

Mr Garbage reckons its because we still have the most English way of life and don’t want it to change.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

@Pimp it was that you seemed to imply we had to be in the EU to enjoy the benefits of working abroad.

Maybe. I was implying that it’s a damn sight easier as a member of the EU. I’ve worked all over the EU, and in non-EU countries (including Croatia). The non-EU countries make it far more difficult, and it’s rarely a permanent agreement. It’s a small reason granted, but it’s one that I’ve personally seen and – selfishly, maybe – like having that option.

The US and Australia aren’t racists because they have a work permit system are they ? Americans have to apply for a work permit to come to the UK, we have many 100,000’s of Americans here working and contributing to the professional and social fabric of the UK

Have you ever tried to get a green card? I have. Whether it’s discrimination is arguable, but the factory I (illegally) worked in had an entirely illegal immigrant Spanish-speaking shopfloor. There is a certain hypocrisy there.

100,000’s of Americans here working and contributing to the professional and social fabric of the UK

And how many of them work for US companies with offices in the UK? There’s quite a few of those, too.

richmtb

I won’t be voting UKIP

It’s wrong to dismiss them as racists though. Much better is to engage them on their policies and dismiss them as idiots

jonahtonto
    Free Member

this is set for the 2010 general election but is still a good indicator.

http://voteforpolicies.org.uk/survey/select

the idea being you choose the policys you like best, and it shows who you should be voting for at the end

mine came back as overwhelmingly green with a small proportion of libdem and ukip. im a bit freaked out by the ukip bit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Don’t go bringing policies into voting!

As a gentle reminder there is no protest vote in PR elections, vote for a party you want to see elected. Don’t vote to send a message to the government.

pondo

Not a chance. I’m poised between voting for the Green Party on Thursday, because they best represent my views, and voting for Labour, because they are more likely to win. Last thing I want in a European election is for British members to get in who have a vested interest in seeing the EU not work.

chewkw
    Free Member

Voting for policies is a bit like saying politicians are honest. Innit!

😆

andytherocketeer

The vote for policies thing is BS.

Mine came out at 50% for the single party I’d never ever vote for. God knows how it calculates it, but I’m convinced I missed some double negatives or something, particularly on Europe.

Voting for the 3rd party it suggested, as a tactical vote against UKIP.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I am naturally a Lib voter. However Cleggy sold the party’s soul to Dave and they are now toast. Labour isn’t the party I supported in my youth. Did TB go on the anti Vietnam War protests in his youth? I guess not or he wouldn’t have dropped us in two modern versions.

Round me it’s solidly Tory. UKIP seems the only protest vote. It should be fun seeing Dave trying to offer a welcome back to the fruitcakes and closet racists.

*Ticks UKIP box if he can find it on this newfangled voting system, and if there isn’t a ‘none of the above’ option^

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Is anyone on here planning to vote UKIP?’ is closed to new replies.