Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • Is anyone on here planning to vote UKIP?
  • bigjim

I found out that my Dad is voting Ukip at the weekend. I was pretty surprised,

me too, senility can be the only answer

boltonjon

I find Farage mildly amusing on the telly in the same way as i find, in the same way as Harry Hill can be slightly amusing

Wouldn’t dream of voting for him though!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Statistics suggest 30% of STW-ers will vote UKIP.

Do not underestimate the support UKIP has and the reasons behind it.

I see again more posts here trivialising UKIP support. It’s is a mistake to underestimate them and to attack the party and it’s supporters as “racists or loonies”.

I predict UKIP will have a strong showing at the EU elections and that dealing with them politically will become the number 1 agenda item for Labour and the Tories.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    FeeFoo
    Free Member

I see again more posts here trivialising UKIP support. It’s is a mistake to underestimate them and to attack the party and it’s supporters as “racists or loonies”.

This.

Let’s not shame ourselves as a country by showing the world we’re idiotic enough to vote for these ****.

bigblackshed

This.
    Let’s not shame ourselves as a country by showing the world we’re idiotic enough to vote for these ****.

Personally I think UKIP, if they organised themselves properly, could surprise a lot of people and gain some power. In no way am I underestimating them. Calling them racists is not inaccurate. They are to a man, “or woman, Reg” a horrible nasty bunch of **** and the sooner we show them for what they really are the better.

Green for me. And not as a protest.

Pieface

Isn’t a UKIP MEP a bit of a nonsense?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The only posters I have seen so far are UKIP ones. Surprised that people would want to advertise their allegiance but each to their own. When will the other parties respond?

No UKIP of BBC QT for a change this week. Got the SNP instead.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

As I work for the English arm of a German company NO I won’t be voting for ukip also I’ve voted labour all my life and that is NOT about to change 8)

zippykona

I actually persuaded someone not to vote for them.
    My reasoning was that Ukip are the top of a very slippery slope that we shouldn’t even go near.
    Told her I was voting for the Peace Party as among other things they want to decriminalize drugs as keeping them illegal hasn’t worked. Neither of us do drugs but that’s sensible.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve voted labour all my life and that is NOT about to change

I have no idea how long your life has spanned but for a lot of people Labour has changed beyond recognition to the party by the same name that they first voted for.

chewkw
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    Statistics suggest 30% of STW-ers will vote UKIP.

Where on STW do you get that 30% from? 😯

Mr Woppit – Member
    Yes, of course.
    Apparently…

As far as I know I am the only one voting UKIP on this thread but I am not sure about Mr Woppit as his answer is a bit vague. 😆 I am the only UKIP voter in the village.

You lot are dangerous … 😈

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nonsense, many will vote for UKIP, it’s just that unlike you they won’t admit it.

I admire your strength, courage, and tireless devotion to what you believe in.

MoreCashThanDash

Laugh at UKIP all you like, but remember that Hitler was voted in to power with the biggest majority in German electoral history.

Apathy is just as dangerous as extremism. Use your vote, whoever you vote for.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

I admire your strength, courage, and tireless devotion to what you believe in.

There are closet UKIP voters on STW? 😯

Nonsense, many will vote for UKIP, it’s just that unlike you they won’t admit it.

They will stone you to death for making such statement. 😆

MoreCashThanDash – Member

Laugh at UKIP all you like, but remember that Hitler was voted in to power with the biggest majority in German electoral history.

I wonder what will happen if Labour gets to be govt for 3 generations? (not 3 terms but 3 generations from grandparents to grand children) Will that be a good idea? 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

remember that Hitler was voted in to power with the biggest majority in German electoral history.

No he wasn’t. In the November 1932 general election the Nazis won 196 seats in the Reichstag, 97 short of a majority, and 34 less than they had previously.

Two months later in January 1933 Hitler became chancellor. He was not elected to power because of a Nazi majority in the Reichstag but was appointed to power by President Von Hindenburg.

After the Enabling Act of March 1933 Hitler consolidated his power and increased Nazi representation in the Reichstag by banning opposition parties. But he was already in power by then.

Hitler was not elected to power, he was appointed.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    Hitler was not elected to power, he was appointed.

Aye.

MoreCashThanDash is turning into a spin machine! 😆

Stalin was “voted” in … 😆

footflaps

Never let facts get in the way of a good story…..

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’ll certainly be voting for them, a jolly good bunch of chaps with a healthy slice of common sense to boot! I’ll be making my mark against their probritish entry on the ballot, just as soon as I’ve figured out how to operate these confounded new bironic scribes.

chewkw
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

Never let facts get in the way of a good story…..

Who are you voting for? 😆

You need to give straight answer.

thestabiliser – Member

I’ll certainly be voting for them,…

So that makes 2 and the half UKIP voters so far 😆

bokonon
    Free Member

I’ll be voting Green, for my mate Will, who is the lead candidate in the West Midlands.

csb

On the basis that I want to vote for the strongest challenger to ukip, is there somewhere that gives the odds for local and euro elections?

MoreCashThanDash

I’m sorry if I have inadvertently repeated an urban myth, rather than a fact, my mistake.

As for Labour getting in for 3 generations, I think their 13 years, and the Tories 17 years before that, showed conclusively that power for any party for more than two terms causes them to completely lose touch with the people who voted for them.

mintimperial

I was chatting about this at work the other day, if we left the EU we’d go bust pretty much overnight. So no, I won’t be voting UKIP, funny that.

Also they’re all completely and utterly **** mental and absolutely vile, as should be completely obvious to any being with even the dimmest glimmering of consciousness. If you want to make a protest vote, write “NOBS!” on the ballot paper or something, jeez.

ads678

Green for me if I can. If not probably Lib dems again.

Not bloody UKIP any way. Fricken loons….

footflaps

Who are you voting for?

You need to give straight answer.

No one, it appears we’re mountain biking in Laguria with Saddle Skedaddle next week and forgot to arrange postal votes….

kennyp
    Free Member

I wouldn’t vote UKIP because they seem so anti-cycling. However I’ve just looked at their website and can’t seen any sign of the racism that everyone gets so hysterical about.

Happy to admit I’m wrong if it is there, but can’t spot it myself.

As for the stuff on law and order, got to admit I agree with much of it. Some of their other stuff I don’t agree with mind you.

I’ll judge UKIP the same way I judge every party ie see how many of their policies I agree with in areas I think are important.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

On the basis that I want to vote for the strongest challenger to ukip, is there somewhere that gives the odds for local and euro elections?

All you need to do is look at the election results for your area last election and simply vote for the party which had the largest support.

Click on your region at the top of the page here :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/elections/euro/09/html/ukregion_35.stm

And your council here :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/elections/local_council/09/html/region_99999.stm

bokonon
    Free Member

The way the voting works, it’s not that simple – because it’s not first past the post, there is no “vote for X to block Y” at the moment, it is likely that UKIP will get MEP’s in most regions based on polling with the exception of Scotland – but you need to look at how the balance of votes will work out from the polling through the D’Hont calculations – e.g. voting for a major party which is already likely to return candidates means that it’s unlikely to block anything, but voting for a smaller party is more likely to push it up to take a seat – the purpose of the party list system is to remove a lot of the tactics, there is no minimum electoral threshold, which can introduce some tactics to the system. Generally, under the system in use, it’s best to just vote for the party who you want, and if there is more than one, vote for the one which is likely to get less votes, as yours will likely to count for more by the end of it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s still first past the post for local elections.

And if the opinions polls are correct Labour, Tory, and LibDems are likely to be “minor parties”. Certainly LibDems and probably Tories.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Green

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

There’s a lot of Green voters about today. I am too btw, and it’s making me feel uncomfortably mainstream.

slowoldman

I’m pro Europe so no – though I would like to see us align more closely with Scandinavia is that was possible. Perhaps a new Hanseatic League?

sbob
    Free Member

Pimpmaster Jazz – Member

I want to stay in Europe. I like being a European. And I like I can work in France or Spain if I want.

With 25% unemployment in Spain I’m not sure you’d find it that easy. 😆

I’m not a fan of the European superstate, but

UKIP can **** right off.

In fact they can all **** off. Never before in my life have I been so certain of the ineffectual nature of my vote.

chewkw
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member

I’m sorry if I have inadvertently repeated an urban myth, rather than a fact, my mistake.

As for Labour getting in for 3 generations, I think their 13 years, and the Tories 17 years before that, showed conclusively that power for any party for more than two terms causes them to completely lose touch with the people who voted for them.

So your rationale sounds like Tories will be in power for another 2 terms at least then everyone will switch to Labour again 😆 So why are people so afraid of UKIP I have no idea. Hardly any impact at all.

loum
    Free Member

I don’t get all this nonsense floating around about “protest votes”.
    Fair enough at GE time, when the system – with the “safe seats” – means that people can spend their whole life voting but never actually have a say about who governs them. That’s the time to “protest vote”.

But for the Euro elections it’s PR so a vote for who you actually want counts towards them possibly getting some seats. But you rarely hear that from the media, it’s like they wouldn’t want it to catch on and gain public support.

Anyway, point is would never waste a PR vote on a “protest”.
    I’ll probably join the STW mainstream and go Green, they need to up their % from 9 to 10 where I am to get a seat, so it could make a difference.
    Wouldn’t rule out voting UKIP at general election time when that comes round next, though.
    I feel a bit backed into a corner as principles say don’t back anyone that’s fecked you over before, ruling out Lab, Cons, and Libdems. But no-one else has a chance round here – Maybe a “protest vote”, or maybe a “protest non-vote” might be better

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

With 25% unemployment in Spain I’m not sure you’d find it that easy.

😆

True. Could be worse though – I could want to work in Greece… (Lived there for three months – that was enough)

I did apply for a job in Barcelona a few months back. Didn’t get it, but I do like having that option. 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

I don’t get all this nonsense floating around about “protest votes”.

@loam I think its the existing parties trying to trivialise the UKIP support as a protest vote, they are terrified of admitting (certainly publically) that the UKIP support is real. Labour and Tories used to describe the LibDem vote that way too.

I’ve worked in US and Singapore, the fact you have to apply for a work permit/visa doesn’t preclude you working abroad. None of have the right to work in Australia or New Zealand but many Brits do.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Why do people want to be out of the European Union? Is because of the regulation of bananas thing?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

…the fact you have to apply for a work permit/visa doesn’t preclude you working abroad.

Please explain.

I’ve worked in the US on two different occasions. The first was illegally packing seeds in a factory in Chicago, the second was legally because I work for a global team out of a Seattle-based office.

With a family to support I certainly wouldn’t want to work in the US / Aus / NZ without the relevant paperwork – the risk is too great – whereas my understanding is that I can work in most of Europe tomorrow.

chewkw
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear – Member

Why do people want to be out of the European Union?

I just want out. I rather a country be governed by own rules than having to comply with more external rules. Too many rules already and the added interference can only benefits the bureaucrats which I don’t like. Trading rules are fine. You want to trade then comply with the rules same to us and same to them in EU or in UK (if we are out that is).

Want to work in EU then comply with their rules but try not to drag everyone in. The voters will decide and if the votes are for EU then EU it is.

🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Is anyone on here planning to vote UKIP?’ is closed to new replies.