Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • is anyone here a train driver?
  • bruneep

esselgruntfuttock

Is it worse than the Prison Service? I bet it’s not.

Should we really celebrating who has been done over most by the ConDems?

edlong
    Free Member

Yeah, sorry I meant drivers who experienced other people throwing themselves in front of their trains. My BIL is a train driver (not in the UK anymore though) and he’s had colleagues’ lives hugely affected by this.

firestarter
    Free Member

Bru its the usual race to the bottom.

bruneep

Then again the all new shiny Scottish FRS and R1 officials are doing most of the bad work for the UK gov at the moment.

nealglover
    Free Member

Got my interview coming up 😉

Keep up the pep talk :mrgreen:

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

My brother in law just retired after 49 years as a train driver, don’t think he misses the early starts.

Wages were very good though and believe the pension is also well worth having

avdave2

Fireman to train driver – it’s like Monty Python in reverse – lion tamer to accountant. 🙂

project
    Free Member

STOP on Red.

GO on Green,

Expect yellow/double yellow or flashing yellow to mean expect to stop soon on a Red.

chewkw
    Free Member

gobuchul – Member

The think they were talking about people jumping in front of drivers trains, not the drivers topping themselves!

edlong – Member

Yeah, sorry I meant drivers who experienced other people throwing themselves in front of their trains. My BIL is a train driver (not in the UK anymore though) and he’s had colleagues’ lives hugely affected by this.

There is nothing they can do whatsoever if someone is determined to commit suicide by jumping in front of the train. (check out death by train on Youtube etc, seen that … some of the bodies were quartered) Train driver can only do their best to stop in time. If the train driver is affected then they should seek counseling as the situation out of their control.

darkcove

There’s a recently retired driver at my depot who was at a counciling session for a suicide. Whilst out side having a fag during a break some one jumped to their death from the roof of the building he was stood outside and died on the pavement next to him. Shouldn’t find it funny but….

darkcove

Re the pension I think you can use your old pension to buy into the Railway pension. Some ex forces lads are already taking their pension while still working. Might be worth looking into?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Got my interview coming up

Really, honestly?

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m sure someone jumping out infront of your train aint pleasent, but I imagine if you are in the fire service you have probably seen far far worse.

Hats off to anyone in that job, the thought of the carnage they must come across doesn’t bear thinking about.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Good luck Mick!
    Hope it all pans out buddy.

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers nick . Yeah a stint in the army and then into the fire service im kinda used to dealing with fatalities

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘is anyone here a train driver?’ is closed to new replies.