• This topic has 49 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by gazc.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Is anyone else looking forward to Autumn and Winter riding?
  • Superficial
    Free Member

No 🙁

I’m already missing the summer. Had an amazing couple of months, riding loads. Now it’s dark, cold and miserable.

spacemonkey

Not a fan of constantly getting covered in mud and sh1t etc. So more road miles is the norm for me.

I’ve also noticed that when other people say the weather is too grim to do anything, I chirp up with “No such thing as bad weather, just bad choice of clothing.” Yet even with a load of decent gear myself, I still find the odd excuse to not get out there.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I love the mud really. I enjoy sticking on the waterproof shorts and winter shoes and sliding around like a mad thing in the woods. I also like the lack of other people, hot tea and rolls mid ride that really warm you through, never over heating and hardly sweating after hours in the saddle. Bike cleaning is no biggie,letting it dry and hoovering it off works well enough. I’m lucky that my local rides aren’t clay or claggy just standard earthy mud that comes off in the next puddle. As for the snow is there anything better than snow rides? Utter silence bar the noise of crunch under your tyres. I love the summer but I am really looking forward to the next 6 months. I must be mad but I really do prefer the winter, best of all frozen trails on a sunny winter morning, nothing better.

dantsw13

To celebrate the end of summer, our tuesday night ride will finish at my house, for a few post ride beers around my new fire pit!!

[/url]
    Untitled by danthomassw13, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]
    Untitled by danthomassw13, on Flickr[/img]

fasthaggis

Yup,Autumn (as long as it’s not too wet) is ace and really looking forward to the mid week night rides.

I could do without all the increased layering on the commute and faffing about how much back up to take with me,cape or big jacket,overshoes or boots.
    Think I may leave more spare stuff at work this Autumn/Winter so I save carrying so much back and forward.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Summer has been great… but once I get back into the habit of merino vests, waterproof socks and XR Mud tyres I’m sure winter will be fun too. But here’s hoping autumn is cool, clear and dry.

IanMunro
    Free Member

What stumpy said.

Considering it will be the depths of winter when I’m next riding, yes!

Gutted to miss the end of summer and autumn though – was really getting my mojo back. Will now have to get to grips with my bike handling skills thrown straight into the slippy stuff.

Nobby

Autumn’s my favourite riding season for all of the reasons mentioned before.

The only real downside of winter for me is the rate at which some components dissolve in the slop. Hopefully the SS I now have will keep me smiling through the wind, rain, snow, ice & mud 🙂

gazc
    Free Member

no

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Is anyone else looking forward to Autumn and Winter riding?’ is closed to new replies.