Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Is anyone an insurance broker?
  • stwhannah

You don’t have to confess publicly to being one! I’m trying to locate a broker who is a mountain biker and understands the risk profile of trail building and maintenance, as well as riding.

DM or email me if you want to stay on the DL!

DickBarton

I’d be interested in hearing a bit more about that as well…if possible? (Thanks)

dti

I would be interested in this thread as well. We run a cic looking after a trail and organising dig days etc.

duncancallum

You not got a hotline to yellow Jersey or Dogtag?

sofaboy73
    Free Member

@stwhannah I’m an insurance broker, mainly for small to mid size corporates – manufacturing, construction and leisure / hospitality sectors. Understand the risk profile of riding well enough after 30 years of crashing mountain bikes but little experience of trails building though. Feel free to ping any questions and there may be an overlap with my experience (or one of my colleagues- work for a large global broker)

Ps why would anyone be embarrassed to admit they were an insurance broker??

MoreCashThanDash

Ps why would anyone be embarrassed to admit they were an insurance broker??

So that claims handlers can laugh at them…..

ElShalimo
    Free Member

The brokers have moved on to other revenue streams by the time the claims come in….

sofaboy73
    Free Member

The brokers have moved on to other revenue streams by the time the claims come in….

how predictable – anti insurance / broker sentiments. bar a few notable exceptions, no one forces you to buy insurance and feel free to sort it out for yourself

sandwicheater

@stwhannah Hey Hannah, i own an insurance brokers in Halifax. Ask your questions, I am not afraid.

We have done some club insurance in this sector including some who did trail maintenance/repair.

stwhannah

Thanks folks. A couple of leads there that I’ve followed up, if anything useful comes of it I’ll try and make sure it’s publicised/becomes shared knowledge.

revs1972
    Free Member

Just realised this is my 8th year I have insured my business with Sandwicheater.
    He must be doing something right 😉

jca

no one forces you to buy insurance

Apart from your mortgage lender, and the small matter of driving while uninsured which may get you more than a slap on the wrist….

Rich_s

…and yet you managed to miss the first part of the sentence

bar a few notable exceptions

Good job you don’t keep wild animals or run a horse riding school, eh?

steveh

Hi @stwhannah we’ve met and chatted at Steel City(I’m one of the organisers), I sort the Ride Sheffield Insurance for our maintenance work on trails etc. We’ve done it a couple of different ways over the years and changed recently to get cover for power tools.
    Is this the kind of thing you’re looking to cover and if so for what sort of group?

MoreCashThanDash

how predictable – anti insurance / broker sentiments…..

Or maybe a former claims manager trying to have a laugh, but hey 🤷‍♂️

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.