Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is any of Wales Closed….?
  • soobalias
    Free Member

More specifically, anyone know of any trail closures at Nant yr Arian, Machynlleth or Coed y Brenin?

If the weather is favourable, might look at Cadair Idris, i guess that Friday will be better than the weekend, but any experience/comments welcome.

We will be riding terribly unfashionable 26″ wheeled bikes, will we still get served in the pub?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Cyb was fully open last weekend, as is Brechfa.

ssboggy

We will be riding terribly unfashionable 26″ wheeled bikes, will we still get served in the pub?

I’d worry more about your accent than wheel size 🙂

soobalias
    Free Member

ta 5th..

ssboggy – dont worry, ive been practisin my accent all week. tidy eh

mattherby
    Free Member

Sorry, all of Wales is closed. You’re not allowed in.

coatesy
    Free Member

Took a diversion to Nant Y Arian last Thursday, and found the Pendam/Summit split point at the corner of the lake had a closed sign on the gate, with a warning that if you proceeded, you’d find Leg Burner closed with the only option being a trip back to that point.Was a tad pee’d considering the Facebook notification a month back saying the works had over-run, but were expected to be finished around the end of March. The Beast, and Cyflym Coch at CYB were both fully open.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Some of the local shops are, it’s gone half 9 don’t ya know

chorlton
    Free Member

You’ll know when it’s shut when you get shot at. 🙂
    We did, going on our holiday after stopping in a lay-by late at night.
    There was a loud bang on the side of the car after we set off again resulting in a nice clean air pellet sized hole in the side of the car just below the window I was next to.
    So don’t tow a caravan and be careful near St Asaph. 😀
    We keep going back though.

soobalias
    Free Member

damn, i read about NyA closure (mark of zorro and the leg burner) but thought the work was finished in plenty of time. I will check the maps again to see if we want to do the rest of syfydrin or change plans

thx

sofaboy73
    Free Member

dont worry, ive been practisin my accent all week. tidy eh

That might work in Cardiff, less so in mid Wales. Give it a whirl and see what happens (I’d pay money to watch you try it in north wales)

Wouldn’t bother with the trails in Mac (other the cli-machx), cader is a great ride / push / descent, check the weather though it’s meant to turn nasty this weekend, and even though it’s not that high, it’s not a great place to be stuck in foulness

Rorschach
    Free Member

Only on wednesdays from 1 o’clock.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is any of Wales Closed….?’ is closed to new replies.