Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Is Angora cruel?
  • iolo
    Free Member

Did anyone get and answer from On One regarding the supply chain used?
    Is it ethical?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Did anyone get and answer from On One regarding the supply chain used?

I’m sure we will. Brant always crops up pretty quickly on any thread that mentions his products.

bigjim

well I hope everyone is going to be rational in their irrational boycotting, not pander to the doe eyes of cute fluffy charismatic megafauna, and also boycott every supermarket for selling farmed salmon that has caused the slow miserable death of wild salmonids, stop buying phones, anyhting made of metal, all petrol-derived products, anything with palm oil, yada yada… 😛

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

Jim, sounds like you’re suggesting a boycott of all, or nothing. Surely some attempt to improve so.ething is better than none at all.

bob_summers

BigJim, since everyone else is obviously doing it wrong, maybe you could share what you are doing about it? 💡

iolo
    Free Member

What head angle for the new On One Angora?

spectabilis
    Free Member

well I hope everyone is going to be rational in their irrational boycotting, not pander to the doe eyes of cute fluffy charismatic megafauna, and also boycott every supermarket for selling farmed salmon that has caused the slow miserable death of wild salmonids, stop buying phones, anyhting made of metal, all petrol-derived products, anything with palm oil, yada yada…

The unnecessary physical abuse of the animals puts it in a different league to the above…regardless how fluffy n cute you may think they are..

I’ve seen animals taken from tiny cages beaten ,legs snapped skin torn off the animal then discarded onto a pile of others writhing in pain waiting to die .
    some are lucky enough to be electrocuted or coshed beforehand but not much time is wasted on that.

atleast the furr could be removed when dead I just don’t get it.

This angora thing is quite pale in comparrison but still unnecessary.

ahwiles
    Free Member

just wondering…

how do we feel about down?

(jackets/sleeping bags/etc.)

fyi: down is considered to have been sourced ‘ethically’ when the geese are killed first.

no, the geese aren’t eaten afterwards.

12fifty
    Free Member

just wondering…

how do we feel about down?

(jackets/sleeping bags/etc.)

Check with the EDFA/supplier to check they have a policy that all their down is sourced as a by product of slaughter.

I know Rab use by product down.

iolo
    Free Member

Where does the wool supplier come from? Do we know if these dear bunnies are tortured?
    On One are very quiet on this point and hope it will go away.
    I’m sure it won’t until we get a satisfactory response.

Northwind

My gran suffered from acute angora, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone let alone a cute bunny, so I reckon it’s cruel.

RustySpanner

bob_summers – Member

BigJim, since everyone else is obviously doing it wrong, maybe you could share what you are doing about it?

There are lots of courses to help you deal with angora management issues.
    Perhaps try one of those?

Sorry.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Iolo, as before, am sure Brant will be along shortly. After all, his BrantRadarForumTracker must be lit up like a Christmas tree already.

teenrat

No reply to my email as yet

p8ddy
    Free Member

Agreed re. their killing of healthy animals in their ‘shelters’.

The claims of PETA killing healthy animals is refuted by PETA btw. One of the accusing reports actually comes from a lobby group posing as an animal welfare organisation.

Not saying they aren’t true, but the claims are refuted vehemently.

brant
    Free Member

I’m posting here officially on behalf of Planet X, and I can confirm that after discussion, in line with the actions of Marks & Spencer, we at On-One and Planet X have suspended all sourcing of angora product.

nealglover
    Free Member

Seems fair enough.

iolo
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply

Marks & Spencer said its animal welfare policy did not allow for any live plucking and said it believed that was being adhered to across the angora farms it used.

“We are now carrying out additional visits to these farms to be absolutely sure that this is the case,” it added in a statement.

“Also we will not place any further orders with our suppliers for products containing angora wool until we have concluded these visits and reviewed the findings.”

Will On One be visiting farms or simply never selling again?

oldboy
    Free Member

Why would they want to visit the farms? Do you honestly think they would be shown anything but a sanitised version of the real production facility?

iolo
    Free Member

In the words of Brant – It’s in line with the actions of M&S.
    So why will On One do any different?

nealglover
    Free Member

In the words of Brant – It’s in line with the actions of M&S.
    So why will On One do any different?

Does it really matter ?

They have stopped selling them.

Is that not enough.

iolo
    Free Member

For how long? Stock will be in the warehouse for a couple of months, once the dust has steeled it will be business as usual

nealglover
    Free Member

For how long? Stock will be in the warehouse for a couple of months, once the dust has steeled it will be business as usual

🙄

teenrat

Brant, many thanks for the reply.

p8ddy
    Free Member

There aren’t many suppliers that come on to forums to answer questions, and probably even less that would give one single toss about the ethics of angora production.

I think Brant deserves credit for coming on here and answering questions.

brant
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    POSTED 43 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Thanks for your attention to this iolo.
    This and many threads about on-one product.

iolo
    Free Member

You’re more than welcome. Should anything else need attention please let me know.

crikey
    Free Member

I think Brant should go to that China and cuddle each rabbit…

Fair play to One-On/Planet-X, problem raised and addressed as it should be.

I’ve ordered a Flanders beanie amongst other things and I’d like to know about the welfare of the beans involved…

nealglover
    Free Member

You’re more than welcome. Should anything else need attention please let me know.

Will you be checking up on M&S, Next, And H&M too.

Or is it just On One you’ve got a problem with ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bravo, Brant. One less channel for that.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Is Angora cruel?’ is closed to new replies.