Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is all rented accomodation grotty?
  • Mackem

..a thinly (atom thickness) veiled plea for somewhere nice to rent in Todmorden/Littleborough area. (House, 2 beds min).

baboonz
    Free Member

Not all, but there is definitely a lot of crap. Also prices have soared over the past years.

sarawak
    Free Member

Tod?
    You’ve answered your own question.

Mackem

I shouldnt, but 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Some areas most of it is, cheap house, cheap area no need to spend more it’s just a risk.

Saying that in other places I’ve lived in some great spots

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Depends how much money you want to spend/have.

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

I really feel sorry for you, we used to rent and had a couple of nice places before we were able to buy when the banks last offered 100% mortgages (a while ago!).
    I’ve looked at rentals recently and I am now aware of how blessed we are as a lot of the rentals look overpriced or grotty or both. We must pay half in mortgage what it would be to rent our house. I have younger friends that rent, one couple who just got married and one is still studying are living in a really nasty place with damp and the sad thing is that they aren’t the only couple I know living in the same conditions. At least when I was younger you could get a nice clean warm place for a decent price per month. Landlords just don’t seem to care about them.

mattbee

I don’t know.

But I do know that after having a nightmare tenant last year that we had to go to court to evict for Jon payment of rent we then spent thousands (literally) completely doing the place up inc new kitchen, bathroom, carpets etc. It’s in better condition than the house we actually live in!

Interestingly we had it looked at pre works by a new letting agent and they weren’t bothered by half of the damage and wear that we were and subsequently fixed; they said it made little difference to the rental value so I guess an unscrupulous landlord won’t want to spend out money when there’s little chance of seeing an increased return.

Arseholes the lot of them.

poolman
    Free Member

There are good and bad landlords. I am a long term landlord some tenants are respectful and treat the rental as if they own it. And some don’t. It is a competitive market so if the place is grotty it should not let.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We have been renting a lovely clean 2 bed flat in Shropshire with views over fields for £420pm

136stu
    Free Member

Decent one on my Mum’s street in Milnrow. Pm me if you’re interested.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is all rented accomodation grotty?’ is closed to new replies.